novelty mug

I woke up in Gerard's bed again, just like I had many times that week. I rolled over to look at him. He was still asleep, his pale skin glistening in the indirect morning light. His long eyelashes were gently fluttering and his mouth twitched. I smiled to myself. I gently leaned down and kissed his forehead, before wriggling underneath his arm and laying my head on his bare chest. "Well isn't this a lovely way to wake up" Gerard mumbled, not opening his eyes but pulling me in closer. "I didn't mean to wake you" I said, lacing my fingers with his. I paid careful attention to how his large hands enveloped mine. "Mm, its okay love."
"Hey Gee, did I tell you I made a friend yesterday?" I said. He raised an eyebrow. "You didn't, but please tell me about them." He said planting a kiss on my forehead. "Well, i don't actually know his name. He noticed I was sad in class so gave me his number. He seems really sweet!" I grinned. Gerard's expression shifted to one of... jealousy? "He gave you his number?" I nodded. "Yeah, is that a problem?" Gerard shook his head quickly. "No of course not sugar. What did he look like?"
"He has these huge dorky glasses that take up half his face and uh.... ginger-y blonde hair. He also wears a fedora" I chuckled, tracing circles on Gerard's chest with my pointer finger. "Sounds neat. We should probably get up now though babe, it's almost 11am." I nodded and chucked the sheets over him. I pulled on some black jeans and a T-shirt and started styling my hair. Gerard was dressing on the opposite end of the room. I glanced over to see him pulling a tight black T-shirt over his head. "I can see you looking, babe." I giggled and returned to the task of styling my hair.

I sat at Gerard's dining table and poked about at the pancakes he had made me. He wasn't eating, however he did have his hands wrapped around a novelty mug full of black coffee. "Not hungry?" He asked. I shook my head and pushed the plate away from me. "What's on your mind?" I felt his hand rest on mine. "Dunno, its nothing." I said. I stood up and scraped the remains of my pancake into the bin, before washing up my plate in his sink. "Where are the boys?" I asked, hastily changing the subject. "I'm not sure actually," Gerard said, draining his mug and setting it beside the sink before walking over to the ancient landline phone hung on the wall. He clicked a button and a tone rang - no new messages. Gerard sighed and stepped over so he was behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "They didn't leave a message, they're probably just running errands or something. It's okay, means we have more time just for us" he smirked, planting a sloppy kiss on my cheek before slinking away and sitting down on the sofa. "What do you wanna do today then?" He asked, flicking the television on. "We could go for a walk?" I suggested, but he laughed. "Sure, if you wanna spend the rest of your life with a big pile of dust." I turned the tap off and walked over to him, and playfully shoved his shoulder. "Don't bully me, i know your weakness sir." I giggled, scooting so close to him that i was basically on his lap. "Oh, you do huh? Well i know yours" he grinned, his eyes gleaming with mischief. "Pfft, do not." He pushed me down onto the couch and held my wrists in one hand so i couldnt move, before using the other to tickle me. I screeched at him to stop, but he continued. My legs were kicking manically and i managed to kick his back, taking him by surprise. I loosened his grip and freed one of my hands which i used to pull him to me by the nape of his neck, crashing our lips together.
"You win." He mumbled in between kisses.

Half an hour of playfighting, kissing and more playfighting later, we were exhausted. We were both laid on the couch, my head rested on his still chest and his hands tangled in my hair. I knew now was the time to ask. I cleared my throat and wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. "Hey, Gee? Can i ask you something kinda important?"
He turned his head and looked at me. "Yeah sure, what's up?"
"Well i've been thinking about this for a long time, right? And i think- i think I've decided what i want" i sputtered nervously, "I want you to turn me... you know... into a vampire"

I felt him inhale sharply.

"No."

"Wait, what do you mean no?" I asked, sitting up so we were face to face. "Do you not.. want to be with me?"
"I love you, but I'm not turning you. It's a bad idea." He sighed. "You're so young still- you're just not ready." My expression changed to one of anger. "What do you mean I'm not ready? Im not a kid." I said, my cheeks turning red. "You're still young. You have to remember you're a tenth of my age. Please just trust me on this." I clenched my teeth. "You know what? Fuck you Gerard Way."
His hazel eyes met mine, he looked almost.. hurt? Did I go too far?
"Fuck you too. Not everything is about you, you know? You're not the centre of the universe. I know you're always in your own little world, but that doesn't mean that other people don't have shit going on too. Do you know how fucking uncomfortable it is for me to turn someone? Do you even care?"
Nope, definitely not too far.
"What's your issue?" I jumped to my feet, glaring at him. "Of course i care about you, but how the fuck do you expect me to know that when you never tell me anything? I know absolutely nothing about you!" I screamed at him. "You want to know about me? Fine. I've turned one person in my life. I fucking ruined her. I didn't turn her right away, i tortured her until she was nothing. She couldn't even think for herself. Once i did turn her, i left her and moved across the country. It was 50 years ago now that i stopped feeding on humans. I turned myself around. You were the first person i fed on in fifty fucking years. I made a vow to never change anyone again and I'm not breaking that because you think you want this!"
He pinched the bridge of his nose. I looked at him in disbelief. "I hate you" I mumbled.

"What did you say?" He said softly.

"I said i hate you. I hate you, Gerard. Maybe it's a good thing you wont turn me, because spending an eternity with you would be hell."

I grabbed my keys and stormed out of his house, slamming the door behind me. As the rain lashed at me, i realised i had forgotten my jacket. I groaned and began to run. Trying to escape getting too wet.

Fumbling with my keys, i let myself into my house. I rushed inside and shut the door behind me, before sinking to the floor. I didn't want to be alone.

I picked up the crumpled piece of paper and punched the numbers into my phone. Taking a deep breath i pressed "call".

"Hello?"