frank

Horror movies are cool. Ever since I was eleven, Frank and I would watch them together at my house. We'd grab a bag of Doritos and some microwave popcorn from the shop down the road and just watch them, then Frank would sleepover at my house and we'd stay up until 3 am because we were too scared to sleep. We did this every Saturday, but they became more spaced out as we began to run out of movies to watch.

"Stop hogging the blanket!" Frank hissed, pulling it off my legs. I shushed him and yanked it back, wiggling my tongue at him. "Real mature. I'm gonna grab some more cola, you want any?" He asked, getting up. "Nah, I'm good, but if you can grab some Haribos I'd love you forever!" Frank chuckled and clutched his chest, "How could you suggest such a thing? I shall not touch thy gummies tainted with the blood of innocent animals!" His dramatic gestures made me burst into fits of giggles. Frank returned less than ten minutes later with more popcorn, soda, and a single gummy. "Frank!" I exclaimed, then smacked him over the head lightly. Giggling, he produced the rest of the bag.

After a while, we both calmed down a bit, and we just watched the movie in silence. It was comfortable, though. I was barely concentrating on the film, I was lost in thought. It wasn't anything in particular, just general things like "your teeth are always wet" or "what would it look like if humans had exoskeletons". The last thought resulted in me grimacing. A knock in my bedroom pulled me away from my thoughts. Frank and I glanced at each other. "I think- I think we're being robbed" he whispered in my ear. Frank motioned to the table for me to crawl under and hide, while he saw what it was. He grabbed a kitchen knife and his phone, ready to dial 911 if things went south. He tiptoed his way through the house, desperately trying not to make any noise. Frank knew every creaky floorboard in the house, so could avoid them with ease. Before he could get to the door handle, someone opened it from the inside. "Who is it!" Frank shouted at the intruder, his voice trembling. There was a string of curses through the door and footsteps. Frank swung open the door and saw the man. "Who are you and why are you here? I will call the police." He stammered out. The man looked almost... apologetic. I became tired of hiding, so grabbed a rolling pin and hurried to the bedroom. I walked into my room just as the intruder was leaving back through the window. He heard me and turned around again. "Gerard?"
"Oh god, it is your house." He chuckled awkwardly. "You know, you can just knock," I said, walking towards him to hug him. Frank was shocked. "Who the fuck is that?" He asked. I laughed and grabbed Gerard's hand. "This... this is my boyfriend". Gerard smiled sweetly and extended his arm to shake Frank's hand. Frank recoiled. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked, looking at me sadly. I just looked at him, unsure on how to answer. "I- I don't know. I'm sorry, Frank." I mumbled, seeking forgiveness. He turned to Gerard, and looked him up and down slightly, before sighing and walking to the couch.

Gerard ended up joining us for the rest of the movie. The three of us were curled under the blanket, not paying attention to the movie anymore. Frank and Gerard got to talking, turns out they have a lot in common. By the end of the night, they were practically excluding me, just talking and talking about something I don't quite understand. I turned to Gerard and grabbed his hand to get his attention. "It's getting kinda late, are you staying over or are you going home?" I asked.
"I'll go, I don't want to interfere." He stood up. It was Frank who stopped him. "Hey! Please, stay. It'd be fun. You're not intruding at all!" I was slightly taken aback. Frank never invited other people to our sleepovers. He had some unspoken rule that sleepovers are only meant to be between two people or something. Gerard pondered for a second, before slowly nodding. Looks like we're having a sleepover then!

It was almost four in the morning. We had watched a few more movies and eaten way more food than we should've and then crashed around two AM. I woke up cold, only in shorts and an oversized t-shirt, and running on two hours of sleep. Scrambling to my knees, I looked around. Gerard was gone. I slowly got to my feet and walked outside, trying to avoid stepping on Frank, who was sprawled on the floor. Everything seemed to be normal, but the silence in the house began to make me uneasy. I came to the conclusion Gerard must have gone for a cigarette. And he had. I found him outside the front door, his knees tucked to his chest and a cigarette in between his pale lips. Gerard noticed me and motioned for me to sit next to him, so I did. "You look cold," He mumbled. I nodded and buried my head into his chest. He stumped out his cigarette and pulled me on to his lap, so I was straddling him. His hazel eyes locked with mine for what seemed like an eternity, before he leaned forward. Gerard kissed me. My hands were tangled in his black hair, which was just slightly greasy. We stayed just like that almost twenty minutes, until we heard a small crash followed by a string of swears come from inside. "Come on, let's go back to sleep," I said softly, pulling him to his feet. We stumbled back inside to a frustrated Frank, surrounded by various pots and pans. "I was gonna make mac and cheese." He grumbled.