revolution radio

"So thats the story of how i accidentally lost a paperclip in my ear." Frank sat back proudly. He glanced over to me, frowning slightly. He snatched my phone out of my hands. "Distracted?"
I grasped for my phone, which he was holding above his head."Frank! If you don't- i swear to God i-". He laughed and handed it back to me. "You know if you've got a boyfriend you gotta tell me" he winked. My cheeks flooded red in embarrassment. "Ohmygod! You have a secret boyfriend!"

Frank continued relentlessly teasing me for over half an hour. "Frank!" I snapped, "Give it a rest! I don't have a boyfriend."
He crossed his arms and frowned. "I'm sorry, i was just joking around." I shoved his arm playfully and his expression instantly changed. He grinned before tickling me. I screamed but that only made him continue. He only stopped when the bell for next lesson rang and Mrs Rosario berated us about the importance of being on time to lessons.

I waited at the lockers for Frank. He insists we walk together, even though it's really inconvenient, considering he's always late. Frank ran over to me, surrounded by a few girls and a guy. "Hey! I'm reaaaaally sorry you had to wait, but we're all going to Jamia's for a group project."
I sighed. "Okay. Call me later though you asshole." I hugged him and smiled. He started walking away with his friends.
Ping
I glanced down at my phone to see a message from Gerard. "Picking u up from school, be there in 10 x"
He put a kiss. I smiled and reread the message a few times, before walking outside to wait for him. I sat on the steps outside and started playing one game or another on my phone.

Ping
"That shirt is cute."
I smirked and looked up to see Gerard's car parked right in front of me. I got inside the door and grinned. He quickly kissed my cheek and smiled, "Is it cool if i don't take you home just yet? There's somewhere i wanna take you." I nodded and he began driving. "You got any CDs?" I asked. "Yeah," he turned on the indicators, "In the glove compartment". I opened it and saw an array of CDs, from a range of different artists. I rooted through to find a band i liked, and decided on a Green day one. Doesn't look like he listened to it much as it was still sealed. Gerard glanced over, "What did you choose?" I put the CD in the radio and clicked play on the first track. "Somewhere Now" began playing, and i smirked at him. "Ah, revolution radio. I remember when that came out. I laughed. "Ohmygod, you remember 2016? You're so old!" He shoved me. "I also remember 1,000 hours coming out, so suck on that!" I stopped. "How- how old are you?" He kept his eyes on the road, "I- uh..."
"That album was like, 1989? Oh shit! are vampires actually immortal? Wait- what about the sun? And the thing with garlic? What about mirrors?" Gerard chuckled. "Immortal? No, our life span is about 1000-2000 years though. The sun won't kill me but really fucking hurts- it's okay because it's overcast today. Garlic is really tasty and i dont know what i look like in the mirror. Happy?" He glanced at me; i frowned. "How old are you though?"
"168." I nodded, still thinking. "Was Jack the Ripper a vampire?" Gerard laughed again. "Never been to London, wouldn't know. Sorry love." I glanced at him, looking for traces of mockery but found none.

We pulled up into a desolate car park, and i looked at Gerard worriedly. He reached for my hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "You trust me, right?" He asked, turning the car off. I hesitated. I really haven't known him all that long. And, y'know... the whole blood-sucking murderous beast thing. But it's Gerard. "Yes."

He held my hand the entire way. He walked me through thick trees, the only source of light now being the moon. It flooded out through the thick forest, coating everything with a pale, shimmery glare. The silence was deafening, the only sound being my heavy breathing and the crunching of leaves beneath our shoes. "Gee?" I asked, not trying to hide the uncertainty in my voice. "We're nearly there, just a few more minutes. We can turn back if you want though?" I could feel his warm smile through the darkness. "It's okay." I could see a faint glow in the distance, a warm, comforting light. I looked to Gerard in confusion but he gave away no hints. As we neared the light, i noticed something. I've been here before. It took a second for it to click that this was the clearing. This was the clearing that i first met Gerard at. It was adorned in delicate fairy lights, hanging from each branch. I looked in awe at them, so twinkly and pure. In the middle of the clearing was a small, purple flower. It was delicately tied up with brown string, in a bow. I raced over, dragging Gerard behind me. I crouched to the floor and picked up the flower. "It's a violet. Monks used to use them to cure the heart. They're said to soothe heartache." I turned back and looked at him. He looked so beautiful in the moonlight. His black hair ruffled and shiny, his porcelain skin almost reflective. "I want to... i want to ask you something," he took my hands in his, "will you, uh, be my girlfriend?"
I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him, still clutching the delicate purple flower.

"I take that as a yes?" He smirked.
"Of course, dumbass."