1

[i don't know who let me write chapters 1-5 with every sentence starting with 'i' but I'm never forgiving you guys. You probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't mention it, but yikes. I WAS SO BAD AT WRITING OMG]

"What?" Lumi asks, her voice breaking octaves. "I can't do this Lumi." Caleb whispers through the phone, his voice cracking in and out from the poor connection. "What do you mean? Did I do something?" Lumi asks quickly, trying to make this phone call longer than Caleb wants it to be.  "No. You didn't. I just can't do this. I can't do us. It's too much. You're too much." He says sternly his voice softening to a low whisper at the end.

Lumi's legs give out from the heartbreaking truth of this twisted reality. Her back hits the cold door behind her quietly as she slides down the hard surface. Lumi's eyes shut tightly in hopes to stop the pools of tears from running down her flushed cheeks and swollen lips.
"Caleb." She breathes out softly, defeated.

Everything about this phone call is cursed. Lumi's façade is torn down the longer she continues this phone call. She doesn't want to end this call.  She doesn't want to not see him anymore. She wants to hear his voice every day. She doesn't want to part with him.

"Goodbye Lumi." Caleb says the crackling becoming more frequent. Lumi shakes her head letting a sob wrack through the phone.

"I love you. Please don't leave." Lumi begs, hyperventilating from the amount of pain and panic she feels right now.

Her pleas are met with a silence. She pulls the phone away from her ear and watches the screen of her phone go to the lock screen. A photo from their last date.

He was holding a large red and white cup as his back is against mine. I'm holding a giant cotton candy he bought me. The back-ground is blurred with all the large neon lights casting a colorful hue over us. Caleb's eyes are closed, his lips brought up into a large grin. My eyes are crinkled as I'm mid laugh.
She drags her thumb over his silhouette, hoping that the small gesture could bring him back to somehow fix everything that just happened. Lumi shakes her head again not wanting to believe the conversation she just had with him.

She sobs again, the sound echoing through her room as her body shakes violently. Lumi's breathing is uneven as she wonders what happened. Curling up and tugging on the hair close to her root trying to calm herself down and distract from the pain centered in her heart.

"No." She whispers repeatedly to herself over and over. The thought of hurting herself to stop the immense pain rooted deep inside her is overpowering all her senses.

Getting up, she stumbles towards her desk and opens the deepest drawer. Pulling out a half empty bottle of liquor, she slowly screws open the top through her thick tears and brings it to her chapped lips.
Lumi let it slide down her throat the burn igniting a fire inside her as she feels a little relief. She dropped it down onto the desk loudly as a little bit dripped down the sides onto her hands. Gripping the bottle tighter, she leans onto the desk looking down. Lumi closes her eyes and lets out a sob. She repeats her actions of sipping and crying so hard her head pounds. Yet no matter how much she drinks she can't forget.

"Go away. Please." She cries out.

Throwing the bottle to the floor, it smashes to pieces. Small pieces of glass hit Lumi's legs, but it doesn't faze her. She's numb, yet she feels feel everything. Crawling into her closet, she closes the door and sits in darkness as she tries to even her ragged breathing.

Caleb was perfect. The way he would always come around and fix everything. Even if it didn't seem possible.

Now he's not here and her world is crumbling. Lumi's not felt this empty for a long time.

Wrapping her arms around her body, she tries to shrivel away into nothing. Lumi digs her fingers into her flesh as she claws at herself, hoping the physical pain drowns out the internal pain.
Her mind hops around everything that happened in the last 8 months. Oh, how she became addicted to you.
Oh, how she liked the way you numbed all the pain.