5

I set my phone on my nightstand and run my fingers through my knotted hair.I stand up letting my toes touch the hard cold floor as I walk to the kitchen to boil some water. I look through the many boxes of Tea. A majority of it is green tea but I remember that I have some mint tea that Caleb always liked more than green tea. I pulled out a small packet and grabbed some green tea for me. I head over to the cabinet to grab some mugs when I hear a soft knock on the door. I sigh and walk over to the door. I look through the speckled glass to see Caleb and his bleached little strip of hair. I open the door stepping back to open in fulling. I feel his eyes rake down my body. I suddenly suck in a breathe realizing I'm only wearing his shirt. I wasn't expecting him. I gulp when steps forward grabbing my arm.
Shit. I forgot about that too.
"I thought you were over that." He says running his fingers over it. I his trying to pull my hand back and he tightens his grip trying to avoid the cuts.
"I thought I was too." I say. "But you made me question myself." I say huffing turning around going back into the kitchen. He follows behind me on my heel.
"Look. Lumi. I'm sorry.
I didn't know how else to tell you." He starts as I press myself into the counter and close my eyes sighing. I stay silent as I grab the water and pour them into two clear mugs and dip the tea bags in.
I feel him sigh, "I'm-,"
"You're sorry? Really? You dumped me over the phone. Left me alone. Told me I was 'too much.' Then showed up at my work the next day with you buddies. I let my guard down for you." I say progressively raising my voice. I feel my cheeks heat with anger and tears well in my eyes.
I hate being an angry cryer. I hate seeming weak to the people that hurt me.
"They told you I didn't mean to go there. I didn't know how else to tell you besides calling you. I can't stand looking at you cry know it's my fault. I hate hurting people Lumi." He says his hands flailing dramatically.
"Well you sure did hurt me." I say laughing lightly. "I don't feel like talking about this. You needed somewhere to stay and here you are." I say handing him his tea.
I walk towards my room leaving him in my kitchen.

a/n: follow me for updates :)
-Maddie xoxo