9

I groan as my throbbing head almost implodes from the loud ringing of the doorbell in the other room. Who could possibly be knocking on my door.
"Lumi! Open up!" A man shouts on the other side. Getting up after being knocked out of the zone, I walk to my door and open it slightly, the chain lock jingling slightly.
"Leave me the fuck alone!" I spit about to close the door but his shoe stops it. "Wait! Let me take you out...I want to talk things over." Caleb says with a pleading look in his eyes.
"No. I'm busy." I say calmly and push my heel into his covered toes. He pulls back quickly allowing me to slam the door and lock it.
    I sit back down and let my fingers slide over the keys smoothly. Trying to come up with a smooth intro that seems light and radiates energy. I mention all the awkward conversations I shared with Caleb in my second paragraph and make references to being on cloud-9. I miss it. My phone starts to vibrate and I pick it up and answer..
"Hello?" I ask quietly. There's breathing on the other end until someone reply's, "Hey, it's China from your writing class...I know we haven't talked very much. I was wondering if I could meet you at a coffee shop and we can review some writing for the prompt we were assigned." Thinking about it, I nod my head. "I actually haven't started mine," I lie, "but I'd like to meet up and help you. I need some friends anyway." I giggle lightly. I hear a sigh of relief on the other end, "Great! Is there anyway you're free today?" She asks. I tell her yes and that I can meet her at thee local coffee shop on campus in an hour. She hangs up and I close my laptop and start to get dressed into a pair of jeans and a random MARVEL shirt I have. Grabbing my bag I set outside, locking my door.
    I make the long walk to campus through the crunchy leaves on the sidewalk and listen to the music blasting through my AirPods, keeping my head down.