Chapter 5

I spent the rest of the day with Derrick and Saffron. They showed me the recreation room, also know as the rec room, which didn't make much sense to me before taking me out and showing me the pack territory around the pack house, which included the township.

"This is what we call our mall strip." Derrick told me as we got to a row of buildings that were side by side with another row facing them. "Pack members own and operate them. This is where we come for basically all our supplies. We call it shopping and Saffron loves to shop."

"Hell yes." Saffron confirmed. "One of these days I'm going to take you shopping with me Eva."

I'm not going to lie, that sounded a little scary coming out of Saffron's mouth with that huge, scary grin plastered on her face.

"Take it easy on her love." Derrick defended me. "At least let her settle in first."

I was thankful to Derrick but Saffron's face went from scarily happy to pouting. She didn't say anything though as she nodded to Derrick in agreement.

The three of us spent the day like this before finally returning for dinner. I must admit that I was really liking this being fed hot food three times a day deal. The food was even different each time, it was amazing.

After dinner most of the adults of the pack socialized while the pups and adolescents moved to the rec room. I could hear the music going down there from the foyer.

"Where's Grace?" I asked Saffron after a bit. I knew Grace would be harder to spot as a human than a wolf but I still couldn't find her.

"She went to her room after her border patrol duty this afternoon. She does that most days, I think she's talking to her mate. I know I'd miss Derrick like crazy if I was ever separated from him." Saffron said as she leaned into Derrick from her position on the couch.

"With werewolves and their mates, it's physically painful to be away from your mate for so long. The pull of the bond is that powerful." Saffron continued.

"Having a werewolf mate seems complicated and restricting." I admitted.

Saffron shook her head before countering me. "It's not at all, the overwhelming love and adoration the mates have for each other is the most amazing feeling in the world. I wouldn't trade it for anything."

After Saffron said this she snuggled into Derrick's chest while he was chatting to one of his fellow werewolves and gave a content sigh.

Before too long everyone started to make their way upstairs to their bedrooms for the night. So after Saffron and Derrick wished good night, I went to one of the wolf beds that was close enough to the fire to be pleasant but not so close that I'd get to hot and laid down.

Before too long I felt my eyes closing of there own accord. It had been a big day after all, being accepted into a new pack and learning that pack was all werewolves. I can honestly say I'm happy to be here though, something about it just feels so right.

As I was thinking I effortlessly fell into a deep sleep while my silver fur reflected the fire light in the most spectacular fashion.

...

I'm not sure how long I was asleep for before a noise woke me up. However opening my eyes and looking out the windows told me that it was still late at night or very early in the morning.

My silver eyes made a quick sweep of the room to locate the source of the disturbance in the other wise quiet and found the pup Cody happily marching unsteadily towards the wolf door that was always unlocked, as he spoke in noises to himself.

I uncurled myself from the ball I was sleeping in and stretched out before making my way over to the pup.

When I got to him, Cody was at the wolf door and was already half successful in opening it.