Chapter 18

The next morning 34 pregnant she wolves and 17 pups awoke with the sun, their stomachs feeling full for the first time in months.

Everyone groaned at the thought of the two day trip ahead of them that was required to reach the safety of the Roaring Hills pack. However a lot of the pups were excited at the prospect of this change, even if they had to get up early.

Thomas and Daniel were already up and about performing the last few tasks that needed to be done, so the pack could move out safely, as I woke to the first rays of sunlight hitting my face.

I looked down to see John snuggled into my side and sleeping peacefully. As I looked at him finally by my side again as I remembered how much I'd missed him these last few months I'd been away. He's nearly doubled in size since I last saw him.

Pulling my thoughts away from having to abandon John, I stretched out and yawned which disturbed the pup next to me.

John started to grumble and lightly growled at me to make me stay still. Of course it didn't work out for him.

"Sorry but you've got to get up little man." I said to my sleepy sibling as I started to groom the top of his head, which caused him to grumble some more before briefly getting up to move down to my feet so he could lie down and get comfortable again, out of the range of my tongue.

I saw Daniel in his human form, heading over to the fire that Thomas had rekindled from the night before with a bucket of water ready to boil and an evil idea came over me.

"Daniel, can you come over here with that water for a minute?" I asked Daniel through the mind link. He simply nodded at me before making his way over.

"Can you please accidentally splash a little water over my lazy brother who doesn't want to get up?" I asked through the link as Daniel raised one of his eyebrows at me while smirking.

He still didn't say anything as he slowly lifted the bucket of water over the unsuspecting pup at my feet before letting a little splash of water escape over the side and fall onto John.

John awoke instantly and jumped to his feet. All four paws were spread out and his body was in a defensive stance as he quickly searched for whatever had attacked him while he slept. All he found was Daniel and I laughing our asses off at him.

"What happened?" John asked with his eyes wide, he'd never woken up to water being thrown on him after all.

"Well you refused to get up so we thought we'd motivate you." I said trying to hold a straight face before turning my head to point out how everyone else had gotten up already. "After all, we couldn't leave you behind."

John glared at me before turning his back on the both of us to start grooming his wet fur in order to take the majority of the moisture out of it.

I got up and followed Daniel back to the fire pit. When the werewolves were introduced to the pack last night it had gone relatively well, even when Thomas and Daniel demonstrated shifting for the entire Shallow Waters pack.

However, when the werewolves started a fire all the she wolves and pups panicked at the same time. It took all of the seven werewolves present from both packs to calm them down. Even after explaining that it was a controlled fire the natural wolves were weary of the flames until they started to smell meat cooking. The flames were immediately forgiven after that.

All in all the integration of the natural wolves and the werewolves went without too much difficulty. Even though the natural wolves were still a bit weary.

I sat down at the fire pit and grabbed a piece of freshly cooked meat with my teeth from the pile nearby. I still hadn't shifted into my human form since I reconnected with my old pack. I didn't want them to feel uncomfortable around me and I didn't want Grace and Detsy to go on a rampage because the entire pack saw me naked.