Chapter 31

Much to my surprise, the next month and a half passed relatively peacefully. Sure King Tom had declared the werewolves to be at war and everyone was training like mad. As well as Saffron's parents were refusing to talk to her unless it was about doctors trying to reverse her being sired so she could marry the 'right boy for her'. Their words, not mine. They also happen to have hand picked this 'right boy' by themselves.

Aurora was still gone and I missed her terribly, but I'd had lots of time with my mates to help me come to terms with the loss. I could still use my dragon veil to change into a wolf, but it felt like I was putting on a disguise. The form I'd spent most of my life in no longer felt natural to me.

On the upside Beverly and Dasir had decided to stay at the pack house. They were making marvelous progress in both raising Dasir and adapting to the bond. Dasir was already the size of a large dog and eating more than five wolves put together to sustain the rapid growth. They were both currently spending a couple of days at Beverly's house with her parents, while Dasir could still be hidden inside the house.

All the pregnant wolves had started to give birth so there were puppies everywhere. The two pack had integrated to the point that the she wolves were more than happy for the werewolves to help with the puppies. Which was a huge gesture of trust to any wolf. Beta Nathan had recovered from whatever was done to make him Alpha Tim's slave and had been reunited with his pack.

Detsy rolled over on my right hand side, reminding me that I got to sleep in the middle of the bed last night. I don't mind it, but you feel both of your mates moving on either side of you. At least the three of us were worn out from last night's festivities that only included us.

I rolled over to adopt my new favorite position with Detsy, spooning. While I continued to think about everything that happened since I shifted. If I had a choice the thing I would change is having Aurora back or at least knowing what happened to her. Saffron had confirmed that her new wolf was not Aurora.

It was to these thoughts that I managed to drift off to sleep again. When I awoke in the morning, neither Detsy or I had moved but Grace had decided to spoon the other side of me. So I was now in the middle of a spoon sandwich and my body was sore from not moving.

It took a couple of minutes to get my two mates awake enough that one of them could move over and free me for a mad dash to the toilet. I love my mates, but damn sleeping with both of them can be bad for your bladder.

"I'm surprised Saffron hasn't tried to wake us up yet." I said to my mates as I reappeared from the bathroom. Saffron had proven all the stereotypes about sired werewolves to be true. She was indeed more enamored with me as her sire than her mate. At least the sire bond caused no romantic feelings. However it didn't stop Saffron from trying to be the focus of my attention all the time, which included her banging on our door before it was time to get up.

"Maybe she took your threat yesterday seriously?" Grace said through a yawn. "Either way I think I'd have thrown her into the lake fully clothed if she woke us up again."

"Be patient with her Grace." Detsy scolded. "You know the sire bond is making her act like a needy child. She will calm down in time."

"I know, I know." Grace groaned. "However when Derrick decides to crack the shits because his mate doesn't even wake him up before coming to find Eva, you can deal with it."

"I'll accept that only if you also agree to give me a back rub at least every second day." Detsy countered with a mischievous grin.

"You sneaky little wolf." Grace said in good humor. "You have a deal, but only every third day. Now I'm hungry so would we be able to jump through a shower quickly so I can eat?"