Chapter 28

Saffron's transformation into her newly acquired wolf form took a full four hours. While that would have been a dangerous amount of time for a normal werewolf to have to endure their first shift, the peculiar circumstances meant that Saffron came through her first shift unscathed. Although she still felt all the usual pain a first shifter would for the entirety four hours.

When Saffron finally finished shifting and everyone had calmed down because she was no longer in immediate danger, I managed to stand back and actually take a good look at her in wolf form.

Saffron was almost pure white, however her muzzle was the same silver color as my fur and all her long guard hairs were pure silver to offset the white coat below them. I had no doubt that when her fur moved in a breeze, it would look like silver waves on an ocean of white.

Derrick was sitting beside his mate and was gently stroking her soft fur while looking at her with complete adoration. While Saffron was slowly looking around the room and breathing deeply as she tried to adjust to her new, heightened sense of smell.

"So how do I look?" Saffron asked through the mind link as she turned her focus back to her loving mate.

"You're absolutely beautiful." Derrick replied immediately as Saffron rolled her wolf eyes.

"Well you've obviously got rose colored glasses on." She joked back.

"He's being serious." Detsy cut in. "You're not only almost pure white, which is actually quite rare in itself, but you have also inherited some silver coloring from Eva as well. No one except you two have that."

"Now I have to see myself. Is there a mirror around here somewhere?" Saffron asked as she tried to get up and move, only to find that she had no idea how to walk on four legs and promptly crashed into the ground, face first.

"Urrg." Came her moan through the mind link as she attempted to get up off the ground. "Can someone please tell how in the name of the Moon Goddess you're meant to walk on for legs?"

To prove her point Saffron attempted to walk forward again without any help or instructions. Needless to say she was face down on the ground again after three seconds.

Grace, Detsy and I all had to smother a laugh at Saffron's expense, Although I failed to hide my amusement very well, which earned me a glare from Saffron.

"Are you happy to teach Saffron the basics if we take Eva up to rest?" Grace asked Derrick. "I know it's been a traumatic 24 hours for Saffron but Eva's also exhausted."

Derrick nodded to Grace in reply before Grace grabbed my hand and left quickly with me being dragged behind her. I was a little confused as to why Grace had suddenly dragged me away until I heard Saffron cracking the shits behind us. I actually had to block her from being able to mind link me so she'd stop demanding I come back.

Detsy was behind me and gave me a knowing look when I turned my head around to make sure Saffron hadn't broken free of Alpha Leyton and Derrick.

"Sire bonds really are stupidly strong." Detsy said as she managed to voice my inner thoughts. "I can promise you that the bond will settle down pretty quickly, so Saffron won't go mad when you so much as leave the room. Until then we're just going to have to be patient with her."

"She's alive." I replied. "I can put up with any amount of clinginess as long as my best friend lives."

Detsy smiled at me as I yawned. I had been distracted all though Saffron's shift, but now that everything was calming down the exhaustion that had been lingering around me came crashing down upon me. I was so tired that even Aurora hadn't said a word since we turned Saffron into a werewolf.