Chapter 10

I stopped and looked at Kaitlyn like she'd just lost her mind. She couldn't be serious, could she?

"Please Eva." Kaitlyn begged. "I promise it won't take long."

Saffron and Derrick tensed up by my side. Everyone knew that Kaitlyn had also accepted me as a pack member and therefore it's unlikely that she held any ill intent towards me, but the memories of our last encounter were still large in my mind. Apparently Saffron and Derrick also felt the same way.

"Ok." I said to Kaitlyn after thinking it over for a few seconds. "What do you need to say?"

"I just need to apologize for my behavior towards you when I met you Eva. I made a quick judgment about you and I could not have been more wrong. So for that and the way I treated you afterwards, I am truly sorry." Kaitlyn said while trying to keep the guilt out of her voice. "I also need to thank you for saving my niece. I heard that Lydia would not have survived if you weren't there. I honestly don't think there is any way I could possibly repay you."

Kaitlyn looked like she might actually cry after her apology. So I quickly decided on my response to spare her having to wait in suspense.

"Apology accepted Kaitlyn. On the grounds that you stop judging a book by its cover in the future." I said. "As for saving Lydia, you're welcome. It was something I would have done for any pack member, including yourself, because that's what you do in a pack. You look out for each other."

Kaitlyn broke and let out a single sob before she gathered me into a hug.

"Thank you. I'm so, so sorry." was all she said before she straightened herself up and continued on her way.

"Well I never expected her to actually apologize." Derrick admitted to us and himself as we watched Kaitlyn's retreating figure.

"Me either." Saffron agreed with her mouth almost hanging open in surprise.

However our shock was cut short when Grace's voice appeared in my head through the mind link. "Hey Eva, could you please come outside to the front of the pack house? There's someone I want to you to meet."

"Sure thing Grace." I replied through the link before turning to Saffron and Derrick.

"We should keep going." I said to them out loud. "Grace just mind linked me to ask me to go meet her mate. She must really want to introduce us."

"You'll love Detsy." Saffron said to me. "She's a natural born Luna, you can't help but love her."

With that we all turned to the elevator and took it down to the first floor where Derrick and Saffron split off from me to go and join the others, who were quickly organizing the welcoming party for the Alpha that was coming.

I headed out the wolf door and went straight around to the main front door. I found a group of fifteen or so werewolves that were not part of the Roaring Hills pack happily socializing with the werewolves from my pack.

I had to stop and do a double take just to be sure that I wasn't seeing things. In my previous pack, members from different packs did not socialize like this, it just didn't happen. Actually packs coming this close together that weren't just moving through our territory normally meant war.

However there was a friendly and relaxed feeling in the air and I realized why Alpha Leyton would want this pack as our neighbors over the wild wolf pack if he had a choice.

Ripping my eyes away from the rather amazing sight of two packs being friendly, I looked around for Grace. Only to find that I couldn't see her, so I tried to mind link her. "I'm out the front, where did you want me to go Grace?"