Chapter 4.Strange feelings

A servant was waiting for Kai at the entrance of the Library and after a slight bow motioned Kai to follow her. This wasn't her first visit to the Library, still, using all her senses, she made a quick scan of her surroundings, paying no notice to Jin's smug smirk.

"Come's natural, doesn't it?"

A soft sigh stopped her from making a rude comment. The light sound touched something deep inside her, a kinship she never felt before outside the people she held closest to her heart. Jin felt as confused as she was.

"Princess Selene", said the servant bowing at someone hidden behind a huge stack of books. "The new bodyguard arrived."

Kai caught a reflection of a figure in the window.

"Thank you, Jill. You can serve the tea now. Make sure to use the blend I chose this morning."

"Yes, My Lady", Jill answered with a bow and left.

Waiting for her presence to be acknowledged, Kai took a comfortable stance with her hands behind her back. Glancing over the impressive pile of books, she started to notice a theme. Some history books, but mostly Myths and Legends.

"Your Library is quite impressive. Are you familiar with it's content?" she heard the soft voice ask.

Kai snorted, shifted her weight to one leg and put a hand on her hip.

"Is this a roundabout way of asking me if I can read?" she answered without the proper respect shown to a Royal.

"Well, you certainly don't disappoint. Seems that Uncle Rafael was right about you."

A very beautiful young woman rose from behind the pile of books. Her movement caused an influx of fresh air and her scent with it, taking both Kai's and Jin's breath away. A vision with golden blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes greeted her with a smile and extended hands.

"I've heard so much about you, Kai, that it almost feels like I've known you forever. So please don't stand on ceremony too much. I'd rather have your honest opinion."

Kai was too stunned to avoid the soft and elegant hand, suddenly feeling a hot blush of embarrassment by the roughness of her own hands. The warmth of the touch and enticing smell befuddled her brain.

"The King Consort speaks of me?" she let out in a daze.

"Very fondly", Princess Selene nodded. "Please take a seat", she said waving a small handkerchief to a low table with an assortment of delicious looking pastries.

When Kai didn't move quickly enough the Princess pulled her along taking delight in the younger woman's pouting face.

"I didn't mean to imply that your illiterate, because I know you had an excellent tutor", she explained looking around fondly at the rows and rows of books. "I merely meant to compliment you on the extraordinary collection of ancient texts, myths and legends. It has no rival in the Four Kingdoms."

Kai straightened her face and shook her head.

"I know that the King Consort is very proud of this collection. It is a passion he shares with my brother August. I myself have no love for fairytales."

Princess Selene nodded in appreciation.

"Nice to know that just like me and my brother you have different tastes."

"Tell me about it", Kai said rolling her eyes. "His favorite is the Legend of Emperor Tian and the Dragonblade."

Princess Selene leaned forward clearly interested in hearing more. Kai raised an eyebrow.