Chapter 18. Allegiance.

Prince Cedric noticed the dried up blood on Reese's lip and stared at the now sleeping Kai.

"Will this be enough?" he asked her.

"I think we got it in time", she nodded. "The werewolf healing ability should take care of the rest."

"We'll reconvene here tomorrow and see what further steps need to be taken", Prince Cedric stated, turned on his heels and walk out looking straight ahead, ignoring the two pair of golden eyes that followed his path.

After his morning debrief he made his way to the holding cells only to find them empty.

"Upon who's authority were they released?" he hissed to the head guard.

The man swallowed with difficulty looking at the furious expression on the Royal's face. "In the early hours of morning Kai woke up free from the poison. Almost immediately after the two wolfs regained their human form. Reese was very happy and informed Princess Selene. After a last check-up we released the triplets into the custody of Her Highness. They now reside in the library", the head guard rushed out slightly trembling under the unwavering angered stare of Prince Cedric.

"Foolish woman", he muttered under his breath leaving the cells in a hurry. 'Had she no common sense?' It had been his plan to keep the triplets locked up until he found a way to secure their loyalty. Them taking human form made no difference, since they were lethal in either form.

Drumming up a small posse he headed over to the library growing more angry with every step. Had he been honest with himself he would have recognized the bitter taste of exclusion and the pain it brought with it. Now buried under righteous indignation he only felt hot, boiling anger.

Finding the quintet happily laughing and enjoying a well laid out breakfast fueled his rage.

Princess Selene looked up and beamed at him.

"Cedric, have you already heard the good news? I found the pledge of loyalty and it's all taken care of", she smiled waving around the table. "Will you join us?"

He received the news with wide open eyes. Anger left him instantly exposing his disappointment in being left out. A small pout gave him away.

"Please join us, Prince Cedric", Baez said, moving to the side to make room for him. "Get you up to speed."

Kai looked at the Royal who reluctantly sat down. His addition changed the easy group harmonics. Yet still she noticed a sense of belonging that resonated between them. Even without verification she knew that Baez and August felt the same.

"The oath that we took was simple enough", August recalled nodding to Princess Selene. "A mere drop of blood and a short incantation was all it took. Baez can fill you in on any security issues if you have them."

A small wink from the werewolf beside him send his tea down the wrong windpipe and left him desperate for air.

"Are you okay?" Baez asked worried patting him on the back.

Irritated at losing his composure in front of the younger man he ignored the question and swatted away the helpful hand.

"So, after everything that happened you want them to retake their positions?" he fumed at his sister.

With mild sadness she looked straight at him.

"They are willing to continue to serve us, despite being targeted on unfamiliar territory. I really respect that", she stated with a firm voice.

His eyes narrowed before turning to Reese.

"The clothes were tampered with?"

She nodded.