Clans

When Shisui returned, he had all four Kages in tow. "As you requested, Otokage-sama."

Sakura looked at him, hating that he didn't just call her Sakura. She really regretted saying what she had.

She turned to the other men and addressed them. "Tomorrow, I will be departing for Ame."

Minato looked like he was about to argue, his bright blue eyes darkening.

"Before you try to stop me, I'd like to tell you that Shisui has already tried, and only managed to get himself dragged along with me. Tobirama will also be accompanying me. You will be given an ANBU uniform to conceal your identity."

"Why me?" Tobirama asked.

"Because, you are our best and brightest. Shisui seems to think that I'm going to get myself killed while I'm in Ame, so he told me I couldn't go unless he and Shika came with me. But Shikamaru isn't back yet, and we leave tomorrow, so I told him that he couldn't go. You were suggested in his place."

Tobirama nodded.

"While I'm gone, I want the three of you that are left to watch over the village. I trust that I won't find the village in ruins when we return, and that all paperwork will be completed as expected of the Kage. Use all of the shadow clones you want, as long as the paperwork gets done."

The three men looked at each other, before looking to Sakura. They sweat dropped. "Why didn't we think of shadow clones?" Minato moaned, rubbing a hand over his face.

Sakura snorted. "Idiots," she mumbled.

"I resent that!" Hashirama shouted, pointing at Sakura, rather childishly, she might add.

"Why, Hashirama, I have no idea what you are talking about," Sakura simpered, sugar coating her words, a terrifying smirk on her face.

Hashirama jumped behind Tobirama. "Tobi, save me from the pink-haired devil woman!"

Minato coughed to hide a laugh, while Hiruzen just face palmed, mumbling under her breath.

Sakura sighed. "What did I do to deserve this?" she asked the ceiling above her.

"Well, there is always the thing with the Stone shinobi," Shikamaru piped up, walking in as she had asked.

"Oh thank god you two are back," Sakura said, relieved.

"Sorry, we ran in to some trouble on the roads. We are exhausted."

Sakura sent an I told you so look to Shisui, who just rolled his eyes, releasing a put-upon sigh.

"Shisui, Tobirama, and I leave for Ame tomorrow," Sakura stated.

Shikamaru nodded. "We secured alliances with the Fuma Clan and solidified the one with the Shiin Clan. Rinha Clan is down to one member, a Marisu Rinha, but she has said that she will be coming to the village to help in the medical sector. The Fuma and Shiin members will start the move to the village, and they are wondering where to settle."

Sakura gave the Shodai an appraising look. "Hashirama, do you think that you could build the compounds? I know that your mokuton works differently than Yamato-Taichou's, but will this prove difficult for you?"

Hashirama thought about it for a moment. "No, that should be doable. I might need a week or so. How many buildings in each compound?"

"The Fuma Clan would probably prefer one large building with several outbuildings. The Shiin Clan will probably want a fair number of decently sized buildings. Marisu will probably only want one house to begin with. Will she be subject to a Clan Restoration Act?"

Sakura thought about it. "Well, to be honest, a lot of you would fall under a CRA if we were to implement one."

Shikamaru frowned at this. "What if we were to implement it for those that don't have a soulmate, or don't have one anymore? I know that Rinha-san lost her husband during the last war, and her son was used and died by the hands of the various Kage shortly after, to find a cure for the plague that struck after the war."

Hiruzen cringed at the reminder. "She's going to throw a fit when she finds out that I am here," he muttered.

Shikamaru shook his head. "No. We already told her who would be involved in the village. She doesn't particularly like what you did, obviously, but she has forgiven you to an extent."

"Okay, well, all of us need to get some rest," Sakura observed. "Shisui, Tobirama, and I will leave tomorrow morning. Hashirama, Shika, Hinata, you will be in charge of making sure that the compounds are started and that the clan's needs are met. Minato and Hiruzen, Kabuto will be here to help you out if you need it, but you will be in charge of the village until we get back."

With nods, everyone went their separate ways.