Obito (Part One)

Day One

Obito took the time to take in the village around them.

As they walked through the village to the Kage Tower, he saw so many shinobi and civilians interacting. While Konoha was known for being more accepting of things, as a whole, than the other villages, the civilians there had always been fairly separate from the shinobi, fear and lack of understanding keeping them from really forging a bond. Here, it seemed that wasn't an issue. Everyone mingled, children staring in awe at the shinobi around them.

Sakura turned to him. "Obito, you need to prepare yourself. There is someone here tha will . . . surprise you, so don't do anything crazy."

Obito gave her a bland look. "You know, a lot of that Tobi mask was fake. I'm not really that excitable."

Sakura only smirked. "This is worth getting excited over."

With that, she opened the door to her office, only for Obito to jump sky high when he saw Minato sitting behind the desk, filling out paperwork. "Sensei?"

Minato's head snapped up at the voice. When he saw Obito, his jaw dropped. "Obito?"

Obito only nodded, too shocked to say anything.

"Obito!" Minato shouted, before launching over the desk and grabbing the younger man, pulling him into a hug.

"How?"

"Creepy Uchiha stuff. Sakura can explain it to you."

"What are you doing here?"

"Sakura came to Ame to talk to Pein. Pein is having each of us spend some time here, and Sakura has offered citizenship if we want to stay in the end. I think I'll be staying."

"I'm glad. It's a good place, even better than Konoha if things keep going the way they are."

"I don't doubt it, with Sakura leading. The girl has managed to talk Pein into rethinking his world domination by bijuu plan. Granted, her showing up bloody and poisoned, and then brow beating Pein into giving her medical care through Shisui and Tobirama was something I would love to see again. Minus the blood and poison."

"You were attacked?" the heard from behind them. The entire group had shown up.

"Yeah, Shikamaru, but I've already notified Tsunade and things should be fine. We had Obito transport us back just in case Danzo sent anyone this way."

Obito watched as the Nara's face darkened, the KI rolling off him incredibly potent.

"Danzo tried to have you killed? But he's in prison."

"Yes, well it seems that he still has followers. I'm sure Tsunade will take a great deal of joy from having it dealt with."

"So, I take it from the presence of the new guy that the alliance is solid?"

"Yes. I have agreed to have each Akatsuki member here for a month or so at a time. If they want to stay, then we will give them citizenship and pardon their crimes. They will help to fund the village and we will provide them with food. Pein has also agreed to send some genin teams with ours in two years' time, when Konoha hosts again. I figure that we can reveal our presence then, and have the elders shit themselves when they realize that all of the Uchiha's are out of their control. Added bonus if we have Akatsuki members."

"So, we are going to give the other villages a collective heart attack in two years. That's manageable. We can work with that," Neji said, a smirk playing on his lips.

"We will need to get the academy and current genin up to standard," Hashirama stated.

"Who do you think would make good sensei's?" Sakura asked.