Hidan

Hidan didn't think he was going to like it here.

It was too. . . Happy. He could see that just from the walk from the gate to the Otokage Tower.

Then he walked into the office. And promptly changed his mind.

His jaw dropped and his eyes widened. What. The. Hell.

In front of him, a man that looked a lot like the Uchiha that had come to see Pein with the pink-haired Kage, had a man pinned to the ground, his face set in a snarl, as the Nara Bitch used his shadows like kunai, pinning the man to the floor with them speared through each wrist.

"You want to explain to us just what the hell you thought you were doing, attacking the Otokage in her own office?"

Sakura was just sitting behind her desk with a bored look on her face. "You guys are no fun. I wanted to play with him," she whined.

Hidan's jaw dropped even further. What the fuck had he just walked in on, and who were these people.

"I wasn't just going to sit back and watch this scum attempt to harm you!" the Uchiha snarled.

Sakura sighed. "Hello, Hidan. Sorry that you had to walk in on this."

"No apology needed. I love this shit. I was thinking I would hate this place for being so dopy peace and love."

Sakura smirked. "Appearances can be deceiving, as I'm sure you remember of Shikamaru, here."

Hidan scowled at the Nara. "I gotta say, Nara Bitch, you're damn creative. I can't even really be mad for that shit."

Shikamaru smirked. "Thanks. Wanna do a ritual?"

Hidan gave them all an odd look. "What? Seriously?"

"Look Hidan, we aren't Konoha. If there is something useful, we will use it, regardless of ethical boundaries. Kisame walked in on a ROOT operative getting kneecapped."

"Count me in," Hidan said, swiping up a bit of blood from the floor. He took out a kunai and started carving himself up like a fish getting filleted.

They got a great deal of information on the Stone Village that day. When Deidara had walked in to see Sakura and found Hidan carving up one of his old comrades, he had actually laughed.

Sufficed to say that Hidan had taken a liking to the village that day.

Day 7

"Hey, Hidan, wait up a minute!" he heard someone call from behind him.

He turned to find the Nara Bitch jogging up to him.

"You called," Hidan drawled.

"Yeah. Are you doing anything right now?"

Hidan raised an eyebrow. "What do you want?"

"You interested in being a part of the Torture unit in T&I?"

"What?" Hidan asked, surprised.

"We thought you might like it there. Most of the people that end up there are better off dead anyway, so we figured that we could have you get information out of them during your ritual. Mutually beneficial."

Hidan thought about it. "Is there anything I can't do?" He wanted to make sure that he didn't end up on their shit list.

"Just make sure that you get any and all information from them, that you can, before you sacrifice them."

Damn. He was really starting to like this place. He had to say, for all of the happy go lucky around him, the stuff that people don't see more than made up for it.

"What if I want to stay here?"

Shikamaru raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

Hidan nodded. "I like it here, even with all the overly happy shit. You guys let me do my thing without any repercussions, as long as I get the information you want. This is the first time that I've been told that I can do what I want, and not get looked down upon in the process."

Shikamaru got a thoughtful expression on his face. "Maybe. . ." He mumbled something else under his breath, but it was too low for Hidan to pick up. "Come with me."

Shikamaru took Hidan back to Sakura's office. When they walked in, Sakura was speaking to the previous Hokages, Deidara, Kisame, the two Uchiha's, and the two Hyuugas.

Everyone turned when the two men walked through the door, Sakura raising a questioning brow. "Shikamaru? You seem excited."

"I think we found out Torture and Interrogation Head."

This got various shocked expressions. "Really? Hidan?"

"Don't sound so surprised, Rapunzel," Hidan snapped at Deidara.

Obito snickered at the nickname.

"Do you have any experience in a leadership position?"

"Not technically, but I was Money Bag's partner the longest, and the man is a wealth of information, plus I was an apprentice to the Kage in my old village, so I guess there is that. I can do all of that paperwork."

Sakura had a thoughtful look on her face as she looked at him. "And you are sure that you want to stay here?"

"I told Nara already, but this is the first place that I get to do what I want as long as I get the information before I do it."

Sakura looked to the other former Akatsuki members. "Pein never really liked what Hidan did. Hidan had to leave the area completely if he wanted to do his rituals. It pissed of Kakuzu because he had to go with to make sure Hidan followed the rules. He was sort of treated like a rebellious teenager," Kisame explained. He had on a doctors coat over his Oto uniform.

Hidan gave him a weird look. "You're a doctor?"

Kisame snorted. "Yeah, turns out I've got a real knack for it."

Hidan just stared at him.

"Well, I think that Hidan would be a good fit. Why don't you shadow Shikamaru for a couple weeks to learn the ropes, and then once both of you are comfortable with how well you are doing, you can take over the position completely," Sakura said.

Hidan nodded, grinning.

The Second Hokage looked at the immortal closely. "Are you ready to take on your first assignment, Hidan-san?"

Hidan gave the man a questioning look.

"We are about to have company," the Albino man explained, nodding his head toward the east side of the village.

"Deidara, go bring them in. Don't make minced meat out of them. We have Hidan for that now."

The two men grinned at their Kage.

"Yes, ma'am!"

This was the start of a beautiful existence in the village, Hidan decided.

Hidan's Oto uniform.  Did what I could with the program.

  Did what I could with the program