Deidara

He didn't see why Pein and Sakura were doing this. To send each of them to Oto seemed like an odd peace deal.

Deidara sighed. He had been avoiding going to the Kage tower for a week now, not particularly wanting to deal with the pink-haired Kage. It was really nothing against her, he just didn't want to deal with the politics that his being here brings.

So, he was walking around the village, familiarizing himself with the area. He had to admit that the village was thriving. There was an entire sector of the village delegated to the medical profession. The hospital looked like it had just been opened, brand new. There were apartments specifically for those in the medical profession.

A majority of the shinobi forces seemed to be mingling with the civilians, living among them instead of separated as seemed to happen in the other Hidden Villages. There were still apartments and houses specifically for shinobi, if they wanted to live separate from the civilians.

Overall, he was impressed with the way that the village was being run. Maybe he would pay a visit to the pinkette sooner than he thought.

He was walking down one of the main roads, taking in the preparations for a festival, when he almost ran into a jounin and three kids. He assumed they were a genin squad.

"Hey, watch where you're going, yeah!" he grumbled.

"Deidara?"

His head snapped up, only to make eye contact with the jounin. Did this guy know him?

"Oh, come on, sempai! Don't tell me you forgot little old me!"

"Tobi?"

The guy snorted, enjoying the shock.

"I actually go by Obito now. Decided to give the old name a shot again."

Deidara just stared at the man, gobsmacked. Here was his goofy ass partner, no mask, and in charge of a genin team.

"Sensei? Who is this guy?" said the small blonde kid.

"This is Deidara. He's my old partner from my old organization," Obito explained.

"Oh! Hi, Deidara-san. My name is Asami! Obito-sensei doesn't talk about his past very often. What was he like?"

"He was an idiot," Deidara deadpanned.

The blonde kid laughed. "See, I told you Akihiko! Sensei is just a crippled idiot!"

The brunette kid standing next to Obito just rolled his eyes.

"Have you not noticed the cloak, Kisuke? That's Akatsuki. I would bet that sensei is a lot more dangerous than he portrays himself to be."

Deidara smirked. "He may be an idiot, but Obito is one of the most dangerous people I know."

The three genin gaped at him, before turning to their sensei who was looking at the ground, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Really?"

"Kid, your sensei took on the Sanbi and won," Deidara said. He hated admitting that his partner had been the one to take down the three tails, but he loved the shocked expression that covered each kid's face.

"Anyway, umm, Sakura is looking for you, Deidara. She should be in her office. I would head over and deal with it before you find yourself on the receiving end of her fists."

Deidara groaned. "Fine."

Obito waved to the blonde before leaving, explaining, "We have a mission to Iron Country, so we have to get going."