Hyuuga Council

When they arrived at the Hyuuga compound Hiashi was waiting for them.

"Hiashi-san, I am sure that you have heard by now why we are here?" Sakura asked.

"Yes, Haruno-san, the exams. Is there a reason that you have come to my home?"

"We have some things to discuss with you and your elders, and it would be best done sooner than later. I would also advise that your elders keep a civil tongue. My subordinates don't appreciate it when I am not given the proper respect."

Hiashi smirked. "I am sure, Otokage-sama. Any other advice?" he asked as he lead them to the meeting room.

"Only that disrespecting anyone in my circle will have consequences."

Sakura, the two Hyuugas, Shikamaru, and Sai sat down on one side of a long conference table, Shisui and Itachi taking up positions behind them, ANBU masks still in place.

When the elders finally filed in, they threw varying levels of hostile looks at the group, but wisely kept their mouths shut.

Hiashi was the last to come in, shutting the door behind him, then turning back and taking a seat directly across from Sakura.

"You requested this council's presence, Haruno-sama?"

Some of the elders threw incredulous looks at the Head, no doubt for the use of the –sama.

Sakura nodded. "We wanted to avoid any possible issues coming up. We came here to make things perfectly clear to this council."

Here she paused and looked at each and every one of the council members. "If any of you even attempt to lay a hand on Neji or Hinata, it will be seen as a direct attack on Oto, is this clear?"

One of the elders was getting ready to argue.

"This point is not up for debate. They are legally Otogakure shinobi. They are now Oto Hyuugas. As such, you have no authority over them. If you attempt to do anything to them, you will be dealt with quickly and without hesitation. Considering all that we have done for Konoha in the last couple of years, I would not tempt the fates. I am not in the mood to deal with people that think they are entitled to fiddle in the lives of my shinobi just because of the clan they were born into. As it is, Neji is the clan head in Oto, so you hold no sway in any of our affairs. And if you even attempt anything with Hinata you will not only deal with me as her Kage but as her clan head, do you understand this?"

"Her clan head?"

"Matriarch actually, but yes."

"That would mean that your soulmates are of the same family."

Sakura nodded.

"We demand to know!"

"Even if you had the authority to tell her that she was not allowed to marry her soulmate, it has already been done, so there is no use in saying no."

"Who?"

Neji was muttering under his breath. Sakura merely smirked before signaling to the two ANBU behind her to remove their masks.

The chaos that broke out the instant that the masks were removed was almost worth dealing with the political bullshit.

Sakura laughed, Hinata giggling next to her, while Neji just groaned.

"Like I said, there is nothing you can do. If you find issue with any of it, feel free to file an official complaint through Kabuto and he will make sure that I get it, or Shisui as the Uchiha Clan Head, or Neji as the Hyuuga Clan Head. The Caged Bird Seal is out of the question. Minato has already removed Neji's, and if you attempt to have it replaced not only will we retaliate, but I will just have Minato remove it again."

With that, Sakura rose, followed by the others, and took Shisui's hand before walking out to the sounds of protest from the Hyuuga council.

Hinata could be heard behind Sakura giggling into Itachi's shoulder.