| 03 |

the classroom was quiet, and everyone was busy answering the stupid surprise quiz the teacher gave them.

after haeyoung finished her quiz, she put her pen down and laid her head on the table. she heard a stomach grumble, but she wasn't sure if it belonged to her or her classmates. every student was waiting for the high-pitched ring of the most-awaited bell of the day; the lunch bell.

she tapped her foot on the floor in anticipation, her patience slowly loosing it's way every second. she looked at the clock; 11:59. just one more minute and i can finally make my stomach happy. haeyoung thought.

suddenly, the bell rang and she sighed in relief. finally, haeyoung thought.

the students passed the papers, and as soon as the teacher bid farewell, everyone rushed out the room. she headed to dongpyo's class, waiting for the teacher to dismiss him.

"oh, hey! waiting for me?" a boy said, but most certainly not dongpyo. haeyoung knew who he was by the tone of his voice, it was ham wonjin.

ham wonjin is the only boy who talks to haeyoung, even if she doesn't talk back. he keeps teasing haeyoung ever since high school started last year, and he never stops even if haeyoung gives him signs to stop.

haeyoung ignored wonjin, and continued waiting for dongpyo. she noticed that wonjin never left to go to the cafeteria, which made her wonder even more.

"hey, haeyoung!" dongpyo said while exiting his classroom, making the two look at him. "hi, hyung."

"uh, you know him?" haeyoung asked, even though it was a stupid question to ask because of the fact that they came out of the same classroom.

"yeah! mind if he joins us for lunch?" dongpyo asked.

he joins us for lunch? of course i mind! haeyoung thought and wanted to say.

"no, not at all." she said, but mentally face palming after she said those words. wonjin was just stood there, with a smirk, that haeyoung always found annoying, glued on his face.

haeyoung rolled her eyes and started walking with dongpyo and his new friend to the cafeteria. suddenly, she stopped walking because of a poster that caught her eye.

dongpyo and wonjin noticed so they went to haeyoung. "what's that?" dongpyo asked.

it was something she always wanted to try, but she never did because of her lack of self-confidence; the basketball team.

"BASKETBALL TEAM TRY-OUTS ARE AT 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM ON FRIDAY, AUGUST 17, 2018." said the sign that the three were looking at.

"are you gonna do it, noona?" dongpyo asked, at least the 100th time.

"for the last time, dongpyo, i'm not gonna do it! i don't wanna join the basketball team!" haeyoung replied chewing on her food. she does want to join the team, she just doesn't have the confidence to do it.

"aw, c'mon, haeyoung. it'll be fun!" wonjin said, teasingly. the girl was so annoyed at wonjin the entire time (since wonjin was so annoying the entire lunch), she couldn't stand another minute with wonjin. she just wanted to stand up and leave, but she couldn't without feeling guilty for dongpyo.