| 23 |

"really? since when did they break up?" wonjin asked. classes for the day was over, and they were all walking home.

"he said that they broke up a week and a half ago. can you believe that i was never informed?" eunsang said.

"no, i can't believe! i don't think anyone knows!" dongpyo said, "i mean, no one's talking about it in the batch group chat, i bet everyone still think's that they're dating..."

"right! it's like everyone forgot about the campus couple when mingyu moved." wonjin said. out of the blue, he burst out laughing.

"what's wrong with you- are you crazy?" dongpyo said. "you good? do you have to go to the mental hospital?" dongpyo joked, just as wonjin continued laughing before forcing himself to stop. eunsang just looked at him with a concerned and weirded-out look.

wonjin took a deep breath. "has anyone noticed haeyoung was just silent while smirking ever since eunsang told us that they broke up?" wonjin held his laugh inside him as the two other boys looked at haeyoung.

dongpyo and eunsang both chuckled. "why are you just smirking?" dongpyo said.

"yeah, same question." eunsang said.

"because, i expected this, duh. three words, one-sided, toxic, relationship." haeyoung said. "i mean, i don't wanna be that salty girl but their relationship just wasn't it." she shrugged.

the three didn't know how to react so they just moved on from the topic. "anyway, the talent show's next week. are you guys ready?" wonjin asked dongpyo and eunsang.

"yep, i'm ready." eunsang said.

"same." dongpyo said.

"i really hope you guys place, though. i heard the top three were getting plus points on one of your subjects' final grades this semester, depending on what performance they're performing." haeyoung said.

"yeah, that's what they always do to get students to participate." wonjin said.

the four students continued walking home, chatting.

a week has passed, nothing much happened except some more gossips about the dating rumor of eunsang and haeyoung. only a few people knows or at least believe that the rumor was just a rumor, as the rest still thought eunsang and haeyoung were a couple.

they still didn't know who started the rumor, though. the four suspected either yiren and/or sua, or at least a really annoying girl that either is obsessed with eunsang or hated haeyoung.

the talent show was also occuring after school today. haeyoung, if she was in her freshman year self, would usually go home and not watch the show. however, since her best friend, dongpyo, was performing, she needed to be supportive and was going to watch the show.

you better be thankful, haeyoung thought, i'm sacrificing my time for you, pyo.

but maybe, just maybe, she was sacrificing her time for another reason... or person.

an hour after school passed, and the talent show started. students were performing all kinds of different performances. from singing and dancing to magic and comedians; students were performing almost every thing you could imagine.

a lot of performances caught haeyoung's eye, but the sixth performance caught her eye the most; eunsang and his team's performance. like eunsang said before, they were performing an original, choreographed song. [its "go get her" by the pdx101 bnm trainees btw :D (missing pdx101) it's up there if u wanna watch it again uwu]

haeyoung, along with other students, watched in awe as the four boys were performing. everything about their performance was amazing, the dance, the visuals, the vocals, the rap, everything.

students, mostly girls, were also fangirling about the performance, mostly because eunsang was there.

even so, haeyoung wasn't reacting to their performance, but inside, she was stunned and proud of their performance.

haeyoung also admits that there was something about eunsang that was different, but in a good way. to her, it almost felt like she was getting attracted to him even more. the way his red hair flips every time a powerful move comes up, or when his heavenly voice sings every time his parts come up, they just seemed attractive to haeyoung.

'why am i feeling this way?' was a question she frequently asked herself. no, i can't love anyone. she promised herself, i can't love anyone until i learn how to love myself.

just then, the performance ended. the crowd roared and cheered the loudest, as if they were in a concert. other performances came, including dongpyo's, hangyul's, and yiren's.

eunsang's intermission number happened, too, and as expected, everyone was amazed and loved eunsang and his team's performance.

the judges were judging the performances very carefully, and after a couple of minutes, the results were getting announced.

"all right! we're gonna start from third place!" mr. lee dongwook said, catching everyone's attention.

"third place goes to believer team! hwang yunseong, son dongpyo, kim dongbin, keum donghyun!" (i didn't include kookheon and sunho because their age is passed the age limit hehe)

as soon as haeyoung heard dongpyo's group name, she immediately clapped loudly.

"wooh! go dongpyo!" haeyoung said.

the team made their way up to the stage, where they took their award.

"up next is the second place, which goes to... wang yiren!"

the crowd roared once again, which were mostly guys who were head-over-heels for yiren. she went up the stage and brightly smiled as she took her award, which almost made boys faint.

"all right! the moment you've all been waiting for..." lee dongwook, the host, said, "first place goes to... brand new boys!"

the crowd screamed again, while the girls were still not done fangirling over them. before haeyoung could even cheer for her new friend (eunsang)'s group, she got a call.

it was a call from her grandmother. she pressed the button to answer the call, and she was met with heavy breathing from the other line.

"haeyoung!" the person, which surprisingly sounds like a woman from her mid-twenty's, shouted from the other line. it was certainly not her grandmother. "this is shin yoomi, your neighbor."

"yes, ms. shin? what's wrong? did anything happen?" haeyoung asked, walking out of the court where the talent show was, so she'd be in a more quiet place.

ms. shin was her closest neighbor, and she acted like an older sister to haeyoung. "i was gonna give some dinner for you and your grandmother today, but when i went to your front door, it was open!"

"why was it open-" haeyoung asked, but barely finished her sentence.

"i found your grandmother pass out on the floor! i already called the ambulance. just come home now!" yoomi said, in a panic as haeyoung immediately ended the call, running as fast as she can back to her home.