| 17 |

[a/n: this chapter basically takes place a day before the basketball competition where she met yohan :D i forgot to write this chapter before i wrote chapter 15-16 (im dumb) so here u go :)]

haeyoung was peacefully staying in dreamland, waiting for the loud ringing of her alarm to go on. the competition was tomorrow, and she couldn't hold her excitement any longer. however, it wasn't a usual friday, it was her birthday. the day she officially turns seventeen (in korean age).

ever since her parents passed, this day was no more special than the other days. even though it was her birthday, she didn't feel like it.

since her grandmother had slight memory loss, haeyoung's grandmother doesn't remember that it was her birthday. ever since the incident happened, she was always the one to celebrate her birthday by herself to cheer herself up, which doesn't always work.

whatever, she was used to it anyway. she didn't bother to tell her grandmother, for haeyoung thought that her grandmother didn't need the extra stress trying to think of a way to celebrate her birthday.

she was also always envious of eunsang every october 26. october 26 was also his birthday, and he would get all the birthday greetings and presents, leaving none for haeyoung.

but ever since the school year started, there was this spark of hope that lit within her that told her that this year's october 26 would feel special. she believed that her birthday this year would feel different from the rest.

suddenly, her alarm clock rang, waking her up. haeyoung groggily stood up from the bed, and started doing her usual routine. she was hoping something unusual would happen; she was getting tired of her boring, old, repetitive, routine.

sadly, nothing unusual happened. it was the same old routine she always did. well, at least she thought.

as she reached the bus stop and sat down, she started to relax, listening to music, letting go of her thoughts. however, once she relaxed, someone suddenly held on to her shoulders, making her jump. she turned around, and as expected, it was dongpyo and wonjin.

"happy birthday!" dongpyo exclaimed.

she smiled widely. that greeting was enough to make her day.

the school day went by as usual, only a few greetings from dongpyo and wonjin here and there. even though she wished to have at least one greeting this day, she was pretty disappointed that the person she was anticipating on greeting her hasn't wished her a happy birthday yet.

guess who it is? surprisingly, it wasn't mingyu. she avoided him at all costs. yes, haeyoung still had butterflies and the whole crush package everytime she sees him, but a part of her, a big one indeed, wanted to move on from him.

however, even more surprisingly, the one she was waiting for to greet her was eunsang. she didn't know why, she just wanted a 'happy birthday!' from him. maybe, just maybe, she was starting to like him; more than a vice president of the student council. maybe as a friend? maybe as a crush?

she didn't know, but what she does know is that she didn't want to like him as a crush yet. keyword; yet. she didn't want anymore crushes or heartbreaks after that mingyu and yiren incident anytime soon.

moving on, it was friday, again. she didn't feel the motivation to play basketball after school, so she just hung out with wonjin and dongpyo within the streets of busan to celebrate her birthday.