| 39 |

okay, umm.. stop panicking, eunsang... uh, yeah call her phone to see if she's really fine or not... eunsang thought in a panic.

"c'mon, pick up, please..." eunsang said, sitting on a chair on haeyoung's front porch, tapping his foot in anxiety. it was ringing, for a long time now, but nothing. no one answered. eunsang sighed, what should i do now?

hold on, i can see her location using the new app! eunsang thought, rushing to open the new app that had a feature to make him see his friends' locations, as long as their locations were turned on.

once he did, he went to see haeyoung's location. he zoomed into haeyoung's icon. it was in a narrow alley, and it seemed to not be so far away. however, considering it was 3AM and that there were so many alleyways that look alike, it might be difficult for him to find her.

shit, she might really be in danger. i need to be quick. eunsang thought, exiting the house.

"wait for me, hae, i'll be there soon." eunsang said, running.

"ah, im so hungry. i'm getting some food." hangyul said, standing up from his bed. it was the middle of the night and he couldn't sleep because of his hunger. should i get some food for yohan, too? nah, maybe he's asleep.

"yohan?" he asked. he heard nothing but silence in the shared room. "yeah, he's asleep."

the two boys were sharing a room in yohan's house. hangyul ran away from home a couple months ago, since he needed time away from his parents. yohan's parents agreed to let him stay in their house without telling his parents, as long as he does something for them in return.

hangyul was about to exit the room when he saw yohan's bed was empty. "huh? yohan? he's not here..." he checked the house, he wasn't there either.

my god, don't tell me he went out again. he double checked the rest of the house, but yohan didn't leave a single clue about where he was. hangyul sighed. fuck you, yohan. i have to go to that stupid bar in the middle of the night, during winter, to not get our asses beaten because of you! little shit...

it wasn't the first time yohan snuck out of the house. just a couple weeks ago, yohan got scolded by his parents because of something 'bad' he did. this caused yohan to sneak out in the middle of the night to get alcohol. he drinks to cope with his depression... and his mental illness. hangyul knows this because they vent to each other when they need someone to talk to. they're close like siblings, even though they're not biologically related.

when yohan's parents found out, they got furious at hangyul for not stopping him. as said before, hangyul was allowed to stay in yohan's house as long as he does something for them in return. the 'something' was to stop him from going out, and in return, he got to stay at their house.

now that yohan snuck out again, it was hangyul's time to look for him before his parents noticed he was gone. and if yohan's parents found out hangyul didn't do his job properly, they'd tell his parents where he was. hangyul didn't want that.

hangyul got ready to go outside, and he successfully did, making only little noise. hangyul knew where he was supposed to go; the snack bar near their place. once he arrived, he stepped inside, getting ready to curse yohan. but he didn't expect that the place was empty, only the restaurant owner was seen.

"are you looking for yohan?"

"uh, yeah." hangyul said.