| 26 |

haeyoung took a quick nap to refresh her mind, and to at least get a little rest after all the things that happened for the past twenty-four hours. it was saturday, and her alarm woke her up to prevent her from sleeping until the afternoon.

it's gonna be a long day today. haeyoung thought as she got up from her bed. she had to do a lot of things today.

first, she had to find a part-time job so she'd be able to pay for her grandmother's treatment. then, she had to study for her semestral exam coming in a few weeks. lastly, she had and wanted to visit her grandmother at the hospital.

once she was all ready for the long day ahead of her, she headed out of the house, looking for some café or store that hired new people.

however, when she was walking along the streets, looking at shops, a person called out to her.

"oh! haeyoung!" a male's voice said from behind. she turned around, saw the one and only wonjin.

"hey, wonjin." haeyoung said, waiting for him to catch up to her.

"where are you going?" wonjin asked.

"uh, nowhere, really. i'm just trying to find a part-time job." haeyoung said.

"really? why?"

haeyoung paused for a second, before hesitating to answer. "n-nothing much. i just want to earn some more money."

"ah, all right."

"how about you? where are you going?"

"to my part-time job. they just hired me yesterday." wonjin said.

"oh, what a coincidence," haeyoung said, "where do you work? are they still hiring?"

"i work at the bakery near school. and um, i think they're still hiring. you should try there." wonjin said.

"oh, you work there? eunsang's aunt owns that shop." haeyoung said.

the two continued walking until they reached the bakery, where they were met with a middle-aged woman.

"oh, wonjin, you're here. great!" the woman said, "and ma'am, sorry, but the shop doesn't open until ten."

"oh, she's my classmate." wonjin said. "and she's not here to eat, she's here to try out for a job."

"yes..." haeyoung said. "and by the way, i'm actually one of eunsang's friends."

"oh, what a small world! wonjin, go to the back and get ready for work. i'll just be talking to this young lady." she said, as wonjin followed her command and headed to the staff's lounge.

"wait, weren't you the one that would always come here a year ago after school? hmm, let me think... haeyoung?" the woman added.

"um, yes actually." haeyoung said.

suddenly, the woman smirked and leaned to her ear. "this may be random, but..." she said, pausing.

"uh, sure. what is it?"

"don't tell eunsang about this, but i can tell he likes you a lot."