| 36 |

"what should i do today..." eunsang asked himself, sitting on his bed in his aunt's house. ever since he got in that fight with his mother and sister, he never talked to them since. he's been staying in his aunt's house for a while now, and he had no plan to come back to his mother's house.

it was already the sunday before christmas, and he felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders now that the exams were over. the exams always pressured him to do his best and get a high grade, mostly because of his promise to his father, but also because he wanted to keep his image (as the 'smart, good-looking, popular boy') clean.

he laid on his bed, wondering what he should do for this day. he was home alone in his aunt's house, since his aunt and uncle were busy running their bakery. he decided he would walk around the city, hoping to find something interesting to satisfy his boredom.

he was walking around his favorite park, until he saw someone.

"oh, goodmorning, eunsang!" a girl's voice spoke. he looked around and saw yiren.

he slightly smiled. "hey, noona." he said, walking towards her as she gave him a high-five.

"what brings you to the park?" eunsang asked.

"oh, nothing much." yiren said, along with a chuckle. "i was just bored at home. how about you?"

"same." eunsang said.

they shared an awkward silence before yiren spoke. "well, it's cold here, do you wanna get a drink?"

"oh, uh, sure." eunsang said. "i'm not doing anything today, anyway."

the two had some small-talk as they went to the café, ordered their drinks, and sat on a table.

"anyway... how's mingyu doing?" yiren asked.

eunsang mentally scoffed. how dare she ask that so comfortably as if she didn't break his heart... he thought.

"oh, yeah, he's doing fine in seoul." eunsang said. except for the fact that he's still not over you. he thought, rolling his eyes.

"oh, did i say something wrong?" yiren asked.

"w-what? what makes you say that?" he nervously chuckled. did i just roll my eyes in front of her face?

"nothing, it's just- like, you rolled your eyes or something..." she said, chuckling afterwards. the air around them suddenly got really awkward, and eunsang just wanted to walk straight away out of that coffee shop by that time.

"oh, sorry. i do that sometimes... out of um.. habit, i guess." what the hell are you saying, eunsang?

"uh, it's fine, haha." yiren said, awkwardly letting out a laugh.

the two conversed for a little bit more, before eunsang couldn't handle the visible tension in the air anymore and lied.

"um, my mom just texted me. i have to go back home." eunsang said.

"oh, sure. well, i had a great time. see you!" yiren said as she watched eunsang get up and walk away.

hmm, that's weird. i'm pretty sure he likes me, but why didn't he wave a goodbye? and why was he so uncomfortable the entire time? yiren thought. oh, maybe he's just shy. i mean, would i be acting normal around the guy i like? hah, no! yeah.. he's just shy. how cute.