Chapter Seven

I awoke in darkness to his cry. Disoriented by the lightlessness I bolted straight up and flicked on the lamp trying to see what was wrong. Thor was asleep but his face was contorted in pain. He thrashed around in bed and continued to cry out. I tried to shake him and repeated his name a few times but he was too deep in the nightmare. "Thor!" I all but screamed at him and I jumped on top of him trying to at least pin him down to stop his thrashing.

His eyes snapped open, confused and blazing with white hot lightning.

"Thor, it was a nightmare. It's okay now." I told him.

"Mia" my name was a liturgy on his lips and his eyes returned to normal. He pulled me against him in an embrace that squeezed the air out of me.

"It's okay. You're okay."

He nodded and rolled us so I was underneath him. "Please, I need you." He said hesitantly.

I nodded, caressing his face with my palm. There was so much unspoken emotion in his eyes.

Thor reached down and guided himself inside me carefully. I moaned and arched my back at the intrusion. There was no urgency this time. It was a slow burn, languid movements, and incredible tenderness for a man his size. The build up was a lazy ascent but he made sure I reached my climax seconds before he found his own release.

Afterwards he stayed in place, his long hair falling around us like a curtain. "All better?" I asked him.

"Mmm definitely." He agreed.

"When did they come back?"

"A little while ago."

"How long, Thor?"

"A few days before I returned to earth. The truly bad ones are less frequent now."

"Are they the same as before?"

"Yes and no. You're in them now too."

"I'm so sorry. You know I'm okay though. I'm with you. I'm safe. I'm not going anywhere."

"What if I can't protect you?"

"Then I'll protect us both. You don't have exclusive saving rights you know."

He laughed at me, "I would love to see that."

I stuck my tongue out at him and looked over at the clock, "It's only 2am." I groaned, "Do you think you can fall back asleep?"

His answer was a long yawn.