Chapter Ten

The isles in the pharmacy were tight and I saw Thor tensing as he tried not to knock anything over. I hurried the best I could to grab him the basics. Once he got started however we ended up buying over a dozen different things. I was surprised by how interested he was in toiletries once he started looking around. He was going to monopolize the bathroom with his stuff at this rate.

"You promised Starbucks." He reminded me as we checked out.

"Yes, I did. You still good?" I asked.

"I'm tired. But I want Starbucks."

"Okay, let's see how long the line is."

We were in luck and only two people were in line when we walked up. It gave us time to check out the menu with their new pre release summer drinks. The barista was a bored looking girl dressed in black with matching nails. "Hi. What can I get you?" She said monotonically.

"I'll have a grande cold brew please." I said.

"Name?"

"Mia"

"And for you?" She asked Thor.

"I will have a venti s'mores Frappuccino please" his smile was infectious. I remembered he had told me about Starbucks when we were on the Benatar and while I enjoyed it since landing on Earth, Thor's love of Starbucks was deep.

"Name?" The barista asked.

"Thor."

The barista pursed her lips in annoyance and looked up for the first time since we stepped up to the counter. I felt for the poor girl, I really did, but I had to bite the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from cracking up. There was Thor, as happy as he could be to get his drink and looking absolutely radiant. No one stood a chance when he was beaming with his megawatt smile, not even the bored barista. The poor girl dropped her pen, scrambled for a new one, and shakily wrote his name on the large clear cup. "D-d-drink's on the house." She stammered.

"Oh, no, she has Midgard money." He said growing uncomfortable with the attention.

"Thor, sweetheart, just say thank you. Come on. Let's wait by the pick up bar." I pulled at his elbow trying to steer him away before more people paid attention.

Thor shrugged and thanked her for the drinks. The poor stunned girl then thanked him. The whole situation was amusing as hell but I really needed to be sure Thor wasn't sought out by more "fans". He would be running back to the room at lightning speed if that happened. I pulled him against me in a corner by the pick up bar so his back was facing the crowd. Our drinks were handed off a moment later by another equally star struck barista. I thanked the girl for our drinks and we headed for the elevator.