Chapter 4: Absence (Majin)

It's been a while since the couple interact to each other, it's been 3 months to be precise. The black haired girl thought that the silverette lost interest on her once in for all, the Goddess never sent a message, call or even E-mailed her for all those months. The silverette never sent any hint of hope the guitarist, she never contacted her or reached out on her.

"Maybe she grew tired of me," The noirette fixed her ribbon in front the mirror. Today a fan of her wanted to meet her, she sent an arrangement on the Sakura tree later that day.

"Maybe...she doesn't love me anymore" Majin's eyes grew heavy as tears about to fall from her eyes. She snapped out of it and continue to fix herself for school. She's her room is a bit of a mess, paper crumbled on the corner, guitar recklessly lyed on her bed. She's been busy composing a song perfect for Megami Saikou, her disappearance and for lack of contact to her. Maybe this song can bring them back together, maybe this song can stitch the wounds that has been made on their relationship.

Of course, she and the silverette had a quarrels here and there sometimes, but it never lasted a month or more than a month. The tension only lasted a day or a week but that is all. A relationship that never occur any problems is never normal at all, but this...This is madness.

A white cat woke up and approached her, she has a cat tree inside Majin's room. It's long fluffy hair tickled her smooth legs while it purrs. Her Blue sterling eyes met hers and meows at her. It's name is Gumi, she's a Persian cat adopted in a shelter by Majin and Megami 3 years ago. They treated the cat like their own child, spoiling her with gifts and food, bringing her everywhere the couple goes to. Well except at night dates, some restaurants does not allow animals inside and that's where Majin and Megami enrage most of the time, telling the manager that 'cat' isn't just a puny pet, it's their child.

Majin picks up Gumi and cradle her into her arms. The creature purred loudly, poking her with her wet pink adorable nose.

"Mommy needs to go to school. Stay here and be a good daughter" Majin said before she set the Gumi down. She fixed her blazer, removing the excess white hair that has been attached to her and left her room. She checked her wristwatch the time, it's already five thity in the morning. Better be early that late.

Majin did her usual thing, eat breakfast, go to Keiichi and he'll be driving the limo in no time. Majin is already at the school gates at six ten o'clock. She went to the lockers and changed her shoes, she climbed up the stairs while using her phone. She's listening to the current news about the weather, traffic and a celebrities. Until she suddenly bump into someone, sprawling them into the floor.

"Ouch" Majin yelped as she is on top of someone. She opened her eyes amethyst eyes meeting ruby ones. The girl below her gasp at the sight of Majin Yamamoto in front of her, she quickly moved away and stood up. She bowed and apologized, blushing furiously matching her red hair and eyes. Before she could run away, Majin grabbed her shoulder and turned her facing her.

"You almost forgot your glasses...here" She helped her wore her red glasses on her eyes. This action gave the girl a huge blush on her face. She fidgeted more and tremble slightly.

"I never seen you before...W-what's your name?" The noirette asked. The red head froze for a moment. Then quietly answered.

"J-joho...Joho Teikyosha" The girl said it like nobody called her that before. Majin smiled genuinely and held her hand to her.

"Majin Yamamoto. You're the girl I converse with last night" They shaked hands and walked together towards Majin's classroom.

"Do you have club?" Majin broke the awkward silence between the two of them. The red head cleared her throat and spoke up.

"I-info-club"

"I thought Info-chan is the only member of that club. I've never seen her before but rumor has it that girl is the most infamous in our school. She sold panty shots to boys and some girls in exchange of money, she spread schemes and misfits to the students here. The student council is eager to catch that culprit in action to expel her..." Majin's amethyst eyes gleamed as if the success of the student council is also part of her goal. Then she snapped out of it and asked her politely.

"Say, Joho-chi. How did you joined that club or how did she recruit you? I've never seen Info outside her room before. She seems too glued to her job. She should get out sometimes" Majin chuckled at the end of her speech. This sends the poor red head into a blushing mess again.

"Rumors are sometimes proven wrong, or should I say most of the time rumors are just myths. As long as there is no proof to be shown that Info do those things...I don't mind at all. Anyway, she recruited me few years ago. I really like news and updates so she saw the potential within me" Joho exclaimed. They stopped in front of Majin's classroom and face each other. Facing each other a bit too close on Joho's liking. Majin pet Joho's head, ruffling her short red hair.

"See you at lunch" Majin smiled before she entered her class. She was greeted by Inkyu Basu. Poking her at her side.

"So, who is she" Inkyu chirped as she kept poking the noirette. Majin chuckled and shook her head I already have a girlfriend silly.

"She's just a friend of mine. Nothing more~" Majin winked and walked passed her, sitting beside the window near Kizana. The president of the drama club waved at her and gave her a wink. Majin sat in silence, as the  bell rang the classes started.

Time is fast when it is well spent. Majin closed her textbook and grabbed her bento. It is lunchtime already, students chit chatted around the corner, the teacher went outside to have her lunch and students are scattered on the hallway. Majin went outside of the school, walking on the green pastures, she saw the Sakura tree on the distance. The girl she met few hours ago is already there, waiting for her, a faint blush on her cheeks is visible as she tightens her grip on her bento box. She have two boxes of bento with her, as Majin walked closer, the girl slowly looks at her direction.

Majin sat beside her and set her lunch. It was a rather friendly atmosphere, the two ate their lunch in silence then suddenly Joho's phone buzzed. She excused herself and gave Majin one of the boxes that she brought with her, it is a box of strawberry crinkled cookies . Majin's eyes widen, wait nobody knew that my favorite food is strawberry crinkled cookies, only Megami knew that since she is my childhood friend.

Her suspicion did not overwhelm her as she chow down her cookies. Soon the red head joined her, a thin layer of sweat was visible on her forehead. Majin fished out her handkerchief from her pocket and gently dab it on Joho's sweat. If people saw them from the distance, they might be mistaken as a cute couple. As a result on the red heads embarrassment, she quickly grabbed a cookie on the box and jab it on Majin's mouth. Majin gently bit it as she gently caressed Joho's hand. The red head froze as Majin licked her delicate fingertips.

"A-a bit h-horny aren't y-you" Joho teased but failed. Majin's heart beats faster as she see how cute this person is but she's just doing this for fan service. She can't be attached to someone now that she is famous throughout their school. I need to protect her from the other admirers. She also remembered her girlfriend who hasn't spoke to her for more than three months now.

After that, they went to their separate ways as they went to their own classes. Majin sat there at her classroom beside the window, Kizana poked her on the side to grab her attention.

"Saw you with that cute girl under the Sakura tree. If I were you I would gladly date her as a revenge to your ex"

"I won't do that. I will never play with her feelings. If she has genuine feelings to me, I would have to choose between her and my current lover. And Fyi: Megami Saikou isn't my ex" Majin closed her eyes and turn away.