Chapter 5: Heiress (Megami)

The silverette hissed in pain as she accidentally burned her hand with a scorching water for her coffee. She missed Majin, she missed the noirette for making a freshly brewed coffee for her. Her servants can't match the excellence of her lover with regards of making coffee. She remembers Majin's addiction when it comes to caffeine.

She shifted on her seat and read some documents with regards of their family business. Her father's secretary confiscated her phone and put it in a vault for "Safe keeping" as if it was just a distraction to her. She wanted to Email Majin but someone is blocking the Internet services, making it impossible to reach her using technology. She wrote a letter, the letter was been returned to her unopened. Her current situation has been similar to the story of Odyssey, how Odysseus does everything to return back to his beloved wife. The Goddess's mansion, the servants, her father's employees are like the modern invisible man servant by Calypso. The whole mansion feels like the Island where the protagonist was been trapped in. The only way for her to get-out is for her to work harder.

Megami stirred her black coffee and added a teaspoon of sugar on it. She grabbed her cup of milk and gently poured it on her hot beverage. She shifted on her seat and picked up a sheet of paper, a document contains the sales and expos of their product. Her bedroom is silent, the humid is warm yet unwelcoming, her breathing is even yet unrelaxed. She's been away from school for three months now, she only catch-up on activities in her laptop. Shiromi somewhat happened to contacted her without the means of social media or technology, she sent her a letter with regards of their school and the remaining student council. The white haired with striped scarf also added to her letter that she felt like there will be a stirring chaos that is about to happen.

The silverette set the business letter in front of her and took out the latest letter that the student council has proposed. This time Kokoro is the one that wrote it, it was obvious because of the formality.

To: Student Council Pres. Saikou
From: The Members of the Student council of Akademi High School

President, if you recieved this letter it is our greatest honor to talk to you right now. There is an outrageous news that happened few days ago, it is the death of Osana Najimi, a fellow student here in Akademi High. The investigators went to our school but found no evidences that traces the murderer. The police told us that the case must be forward to an severe investigation. 

We need your guiding hand President, the school needs you and your guidance. The headminister resumed the classes of the students like nothing happened in the campus, the murderer may still be here and we must protect the students.

Sincerely yours truly,
The student council Vice-President

The goddess read the letter over and over again as if it wasn't real. Megami turned on her laptop and checked the latest news about a case of murder in the school. It is real, a certain blonde was been found dead in the comfort room of their school. No murder weapons was been found, but the  corpse has several stabbed wounds on her back. Megami's blood boils, this is what happens if her presence wasn't there. The school is being misguided by the authority and turning a blind eye on its surroundings. She stood up from her chair and picked up her letter with her same with the laptop. She grabbed some of their family documents and left.

She checked the time on her cellphone, it's already ten thirty in the morning. The meeting will start half and hour later but she knew that her father is at the conference room already waiting for his appointment. She told her maid to call the driver for her that she will attend her final meeting and she would like to propose an important subject to her father.

Time skipped fast as Megami checked her cellphone again, it's already one in the afternoon. The meeting has been finished, it is a success. She's still at the conferrence room with her father, his silver eyes fixated on the letter that Megami had given him, the letter that came from Akademi High. She also shown him the news she had read about the murder case. Megami's father fixed his glasses, the crystals sparkled as the light reflected on it. He sighs and looks at her.

"It appears that the school can't really handle themselves when you're gone. Attorney Yamamoto's daughter also studies there right?"

Megami nods. She remembered that every holidays Majin always stays at their place. The Yamamoto's are like the extension of Saikou household, Megami's father and Majin's dad are the best friends. That's why when Megami told her father about her attraction towards the other girl, her father greatly approves of it. Now with the matter of hierarchy of their business, it's a matter of time when she will plan to adopt a child in the future.

"You should go back there. You already paid a lot of contribution in our business. Your school needs you more..."