Chapter 8: Silence (Majin)

It's around six in the evening when Majin finished her composition in her laptop. She's inside her classroom alone in the pitch black dark corner. The students, faculty members and hence even janitors left two hours ago leaving her in her spot. She couldn't blame them though because she's staying at the beyond curfew and if a faculty member saw her right now she might get a memo for misbehaving.

Why am I staying here that late again? Oh right, I just finished my composition and I was so absorbed with my work I didn't notice the school just closed already.

Majin stood and closed her laptop, she fished out her phone in her pocket and texted Joho if she's still here in the school. The red head did not reply fast like most of her texts. The noirette sighs and sling her bag on her shoulder. She walked rather slowly, still couldn't believed that time flies so fast.

The noirette is awestruck to the time and her accomplishment of her composition until a unusual scent hit her senses. Metallic like rust scent rushed her, fresh crimson blood pooled on tiled floor, patterns of blood left a trail like some dead body was been dragged away not so long ago.

Majin let out a soft whimper, she retraced her steps to her classroom and hid behind the sliding door. The blood trail is still fresh outside, the noirette gulped and put her phone in silent mode and lowered the brightness as much as it can.

If someone trying to give a bad prank on me for staying up too late, I will hide as much as I can to fade their interest to prank me and go home. Or maybe an intruder break into the school?!

The noirette scan her previous messages if someone texted her to check her up, the person who last texted her is Joho and it was stated that she wasn't in school anymore. Majin sweats nervously as she scan the horizon of her classroom. There is only one thing that she can think of without facing the intruder head on.

This is ridiculous, what if he cuts it and I fell down?

A minute or two has passed before she made a decision. You won't die if you fell from the third floor although you will get injured. Well, injury is better than getting killed.

She slowly walked towards the window curtains, carefully not making any sound from her shoes or accidentally stepping on something. She heard a rustle coming outside so she walk fast yet quiet and hid under the teachers table.

A silhouette of a tall person wearing a long coat not revealing any part of its skin walked past the classroom. Its face is covered with a mask, a mask that the noirette recognized in theater club.

She pulled out her phone and snap a photo of the mystsrious person, luckily she removed the flash before she took a shot. After that, the tall man peeked on the room. It took a while before it left again.