Chapter-1

Balancing the cellphone in-between her left shoulder and ear, Hana pushed her shopping cart scrutinizing the line of Ramens that were stacked neatly on the shelf. Nibbling her lips, she tried to remember the name of the ramen she tried recently in her best friend's house while searching for something with similar packaging.

Smiling to an elderly man passing by, she continued looking for it while she listened to her younger brother whining over the phone.

"Noona, Please" He begged from the other side and she rolled her eyes remaining unyielding at her decision.

"No, how many times do I have to repeat. You are not taking part in any stupid bike race." She blew a few strands of hair blocking her sight moderately irritated by her brother's constant nagging.

After his ex-girlfriend dumped him for a biker guy, he was adamant over wining the underground bike racing competition which happened once a month. All she could get from his endless nagging was that he wanted to prove his worth to his ex which kind of made no sense to her.

"Noona! It is not just a stupid bike racing competition, It's The Bladebeaker racing competition." Hana mentally face-palmed hearing her brother give the competition emphasis as though it was Olympics of the bike racing.

Letting out an exhausted huff she left her cart behind and walked ahead holding her cellphone properly while scanning for the delicacy that had blown away her taste buds.

Just one item from her list was left and after that, she was done for the day. She would skip her way back to her home and take the well-deserved rest from her hectic day.

"Do you even know how much the winner gets??" He added in a high-pitched voice making her pull away the cell phone to prevent her eardrum from blasting.

"Is that even legal?" She thought to herself.

"Not to mention only cool guys do those stuff. What would you know?" he continued as his voice kept rising up conveying the frustration her denial was causing him.

"Whatever Soobin! No means no" She yelled into her phone giving him the taste of his own medicine.

After screaming back at his sister for making his ears bleed, Soobin resumed persuading her into his words by explaining how the reigning champion was undefeatable and earned tons of money through the race. He sounded like he was talking about the person who single-handedly saved humankind from extinction.

"Noona, all you need to do is give me money for the registration" his tone was back to being persuasive but she seriously didn't care.

He was in high school and getting distracted by such things was not accepted by their father and being the elder one she had to make sure that both of them would never take any decision that would make him and their late mother disappointed.

"Soobin..." her words got stuck in her throat when her eyes landed on the item that she had been searching for.

"Gotch yahh!" she exclaimed as snatched the packet of ramen from the stack then resumed their conversation skidding back to her trolly.

"You need to focus on your study, Remember the math quiz is in a week" without taking a proper glance at her surrounding, she dropped the packet into her trolly and began pulling it behind her as she walked in front.

Her attention was fully invested in the conversation she was having with her brother.

"This racing won't take you far and if you are really dying to impress a girl, trust me nothing is hotter than a smart guy" She explained as she reached the counter.

"No Noona, girls like cool guys, not nerds" he opposed her quickly.

Giving the cashier a friendly smile, Hana began to place her stuff on the top of the counter while continued to explain to her brother on the phone.