Chapter 21

Blowing the soup on the spoon to cool it down, Jungkook proceeded to feed Hana in her bed. Her fever had gone down and she had gained back her energy however, Jungkook had refused to let her do any kind of work and even served the food on her bed.

After their cuddling Hana had fallen asleep and taking this as an opportunity he had somehow untangled himself from her and went on to prepare soup for Hana and breakfast for Soobin.

Getting to eat the meal prepared by JK himself, Soobin's happiness had officially reached outer space and his glee was distinctly apparent on his face. He was even considering framing the food itself but fortunately, Jungkook had convinced him that one photo was enough to preserve the moment. Jungkook had further ensured that preparing a meal for him would be an occurrence after all he was soon to be Soobin's brother-in-law.

Jungkook had expected Soobin to be overwhelmed with joy but in contrast to his expectation, Soobin had simply given him a smile that seemed a little hesitant and sad. Nevertheless, Soobin had pulled Jungkook into a bear-hug and thanked him for being there for his sister and expressed he genuinely rooted for them with the core of his heart.

"Do you like it?" Jungkook questioned as he continued to feed her and she responded with an instant head bob.

"Best best!" She then gave him a thumb's up and slurped the soup in delight.

The soup was indeed very delicious and rich with flavors. It would be the first meal he would have cooked for her hence Jungkook had given his best to prepare it.

Beaming in mirth, Hana finished the entire bowl of the soup. Not every day, she got to get treated like a princess by a hot guy so taking full advantage of the situation, she peeped at him making sure he was unaware of it.

He was indeed a very beautiful person with each and every part of his face sculpted carefully by the god. Maybe even god had been jealous of his own creation hence he gave Jungkook a scar on his right cheeks, however, his intention had gone horribly wrong as the imperfection had added a distinctive perfection to his look.

"How did you learn to cook?" Hana initiated the conversation licking the soup from the corner of her mouth.

"I learned it from my dad. I cook every day for him," Jungkook revealed in pride placing the finished bowl of the soup on the small dressing table beside the bed. He had grasped how the girls preferred guys with good cooking skills by observing the way girls would flock around his friend Seokjin hence he took the chance to flaunt his skills to earn some credits from his lady love.

"What about your mom?" Hana asked in curiosity pulling up the blanket to her neck for warmth.

Jungkook stalled for a while as his face shrunk for a split-second but he quickly regained his composure and gave her a forced smile however Hana was quick to notice it.

"She left us both and married her boss when I was ten" he mentioned casually as if it didn't matter to him but Hana could sense it was otherwise.

"Are you close to your mother and her other family?" Hana took the courage to peer his privacy and Jungkook didn't mind hence continued to open up about himself.

"They do try to contact me, They call me on every occasion but I don't go," he explained helping her wipe her mouth with a tissue.

"I used to visit them occasionally but something happened which made everything worst. I and her son got into a fight" Jungkook shared as he frowned remembering how Taehyung had destroyed their bond and shattered their group because of his selfishness.

"And even when it was his fault, my mom slapped me instead and asked me to leave their house. So we aren't on good terms" Hana observed Jungkook for a while as he expressed himself and it was quite visible that he missed his mom but didn't want to admit it.