Chapter 35

A great tremor overtook her body but she didn't stop running. She wanted to go as far as possible, as far as her legs would take her without turning back. An agonizing scream had reached her throat not being able to carry on with the pain that was killing her slowly.

The voices in her head got louder and it was gradually taking his form again.

"I would have never said that to you, I would have given up everything for you. I gave up my life for you"

She drove back to her home in absolute madness and as soon as she reached the enclosure of her room, she locked herself up and dropped down on the floor.

The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. She hit the floor and tried to scream, but her voice had ceased to exist. The muffled sobs wracked against her chest making her unable to breathe as she quivered in depression.

She pulled her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around her shins. The wretched memories swirled around her head and now no matter what she did she couldn't hide from her past.

Everything slammed back to her but all she could do was chock on her own tears.

"You need to make him feel what you went through. He won't understand your pain unless he feels it. No one can understand your pain like I do" Daniel grabbed her shoulder and shook her violently making her look directly into his grave eyes.

"Make him pay Hana" he handed a knife to her.

"Make everyone pay" he encouraged her.

"Get away from me Daniel" her voice finally escaped her lips as she shouted at the top of her lungs and threw the knife away.

"Go away" she repeated gripping her hair harshly and shaking her head furiously.
The entire world was spinning around her and the drilling pain prodded her head continuously to the point she wanted to cut open her brains out. She knew he was her illusion but every touch felt real, every word he spouted affected her deeply.

"You promised me to be with me till the end"  the illusion of Daniel roared back reminding the promise she had made to him as he pulled back the knife from the floor.

"I am here till the end" she had spoken in confidence.

"I promise you that you are not alone in this" with tears flowing from their eyes she had promised him encircling her arms around him.

The past was torturous and it came back to her over and over again. No matter how much she tried fighting it she couldn't escape them, or hide from them; they were the monster that hunted her very existence.

"Fulfill your promise,  come to me now" Daniel leapt to stab her but Hana dogged him escaping from his attack.

"YOU ARE NOT REAL, YOU ARE DEAD" She yelled back wailing as the insanity took over her.

"WHO IS THE REASON I AM DEAD?" he cornered her then repeatedly attempted to stab her as she ducked every single strike he made.

"Hana what's going on?" she heard her father banging the door but all she did was scream for his help.

"Appa, DANIEL WILL KILL ME" she screeched with a wracked sob.

"Hana let me in" He was shouting from the outside however the door was far from Hana's reach

"YOU NEED TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID" Daniel growled with murderous intention and in the moment of chaos somehow the knife in Daniel's hand was now in her and she jabbed him in a panic trying to defend herself.

Meanwhile, Mr Choi broke the door and entered the room and what he had to witness had left his eyes bulging in terror. Panic quickly washed over his face and he let out a bone-chilling shriek.

"Hana, what have you done?" her father stuttered plummeting down on his knees.

With trembling hand, Hana threw the knife covered with blood away from her and glanced back at Daniel who had a pleasant smile on his face.

"Welcome my princess" he mouthed to her in satisfaction.

"Daniel he...he" She squeaked staggering backwards and stumbled down on the floor. Suddenly an excruciating pain seared through her stomach and the consciousness began to slip out of her.

Her father crawled towards her and took her in his arms as he tried to put pressure on the wound to stop the blood from oozing out. It was then she realized she had stabbed herself.

Letting all of his helplessness reflect on his face, he showed the most painful expression she had ever seen her father make.

"My baby, why...my child..." He mourned, tears streaming down his face as he held the fragile form of his beloved daughter closer to his chest.

"Daniel didn't stop talking...I stabbed...him" She choked out the words breaking his heart.

"It's okay, stay with me, Appa has already called for help. Please stay with me" He pleaded with his daughter.

The light was slowly fading off her eyes but like a good daughter she was, Hana nodded her head even when all she wanted to do was to fall asleep.

"Appa" she called him in a weak voice.

"yes, my love" he kissed his daughter forcing the rattling sob down his throat.

"It hurts" she forces out coughing blood.

Having to behold the misery of his beloved daughter, his upper body and shoulders jerked with every sob that forces their way out of him and he squeezes his eyes shut feeling powerless.

"It's okay my daughter, Appa will fix this, Appa won't let anything happen to his good girl" he comforted the whimpering girl gently caressing her face.

He was regretting all of the time, he had scolded her. He cursed himself for every moment he didn't spend with his daughter and now it was too late.

The distant siren could be heard notifying him of arriving help and he prayed to the god to spare him from the pain of losing his daughter as well.

"Appa" she whispered with a soft smile.

She could no longer keep her eyes open as they felt heavier and heavier with every passing second.

"I am afraid Daniel and Mom won't be there on the other side" with that she lost her consciousness into oblivion.