6. Sunset

After three days of punishing myself, torturing my stupid head with the silence in my apartment that drives me nuts all the fxcking time, I eventually decided to be selfish and let my stupid self breathe fresh air. With my little black backpack resting on my back, I leave the apartment, hopeful about something I don't even know yet.

Settling inside Coffee Chances, the famous coffee shop around the corner of this little city, I try to enjoy my Hersheys Chocolate Milkshake until a group of boys walk in, heading straight to my table.

Ugh. High school is over but getting rid of these hooligans seems close to impossible. Tsk. Unbelievable.

"Hi there, gorgeous." Helland greets with his despicably annoying grin.

Sticking to my plans of not letting any bad vibes in, I ignore his greeting and just sip my milkshake in pretense-enjoyment. While I chuck my phone out of my pocket and busy my fingers on it, the jerk confidently pulls out a chair and sits across me.

"I heard you broke up with Ryan already." He continues vexing, probably, to get my attention which he'll never get. "First, it's Kai and now, it's Ryan. Look babe, I don't really mind being the next."

"You're not my type." I say, grimacing to annoy him and right after that, I pick up my things and head towards the double glass doors waiting for me.

However, the egoistic Helland follows me outside the shop while his friends line up on the counter perhaps to order.

"Stop right there arrogant lady." He shouts when I reach the driveway, tightly gripping my arm as he grabs it. "You just cannot turn your back on me. Hear this right, Manuel, I only stopped coming around because of Kai." He says through gritted teeth.

After a while, he just smirks grimly, though creeping me out a bit but also making me want to punch him.

"But he's not interested in you anymore so babe, you're all mine now." He whispers, giving me goosebumps all over. His voice sounds like from an underworld creature—a monster or a devil would make.

Seeing the jerk's crazy grin, I swing my foot forward to make a kick. Luckily this time, I did not miss his balls. He is tripping in pain and it's very satisfying to watch him irking. Serves him right! This maniac!

"That's my girl." Someone hisses from behind me, making me jump in surprise. But before I could speak up, he marches forward, picks up Helland and throws a punch straight on the jerk's face. "Didn't I tell you, dude? Don't mess with her." Malachi grunts and before I could react, he quickly pulls me away from the jerk and leads me to his car.

"No." I say, shooting Malachi the same glares I gave him before. "I am not coming with you."

"What?" He smirks, gesturing me to hop in his convertible. "I am not on drugs, okay?"

I flaunt a distorted face. He sighs in defeat, rolling his eyes that imply I am being dramatic over something irrelevant. But no, I already have made my stand. I am not going anywhere with him. Certainly not in my sane mind.

"Louissa, I am not drunk. Come on." He eggs on. "Look, I just want to send you home. I'm just making sure you'll be home safe. I promise, I won't bother you."

His voice comes out so sincere so I finally give in and hop inside his car, settling down beside him. Before he revs the engine, he puts on my seatbelt, causing me to feel nervous. Much to my surprise, Malachi just suddenly shows me his charming smile, no taint of mockery, just his genuine smile. That is what keeps me very uncomfortable during the entire drive. I couldn't even glance at him. I just pierce my eyes on the road. Unbelievably though, Malachi keeps his word. He didn't try talking to me while he drives me back  to my apartment.