15. Angel

Just as soon as I exit the shower, with bathrobe on and a towel in my head to dry my hair, I hear consecutive knocking on the door. Sure that it's Kai, I run to open it.  He looks utterly shocked to see me and I have an idea why, I am just not sure.

"What are you doing, Louie?" He fumes, his eyes dark and unhappy. "Don't ever open your door when you're in your robe. Geez!"

"Calm down." I say, laughing approvingly. "Besides, I know that it's you knocking. And most of all, I never have visitors."

"Just don't do it again." He appeals continuously. "It's not a crime to make me wait."

Alright Kai. Alright. This shouldn't be a big deal. I could not voice that out though because I am smiling really wide at his reaction. My heart flutters so fast while my cheeks are warming up.

"You have to be quick, Louie. I won't drive you to the airport without having  breakfast." He warns before I head back to the room to change.

"Yes sir!" I muse to calm him down. He needs to relax. Today is a good day, a happy day. We cannot start it by fighting about something not that significant.

Not long after a few minutes, Kai and I already head out of the building and get ourselves a morning meal at a restaurant. After which, we directly head to the airport. In the first two hours of waiting, my heart cannot be put at peace, maybe due to this exceeding joy and excitement to see my family again. There is even a fraction of minute where I almost cry but good thing I am able to hold my tears back in fear of making Kai worry again.

"Baby, how about you try calling them?" Kai asks when it's about lunch time and we still see no glimpse of my parents and my brother. We've checked the possible flights my family is in and there are only three more flights left to expect. "Hey, hey. What are those teary eyes for?" He panics as soon as he finds me in lachrymose state again. "Sorry. Sorry. You'll see them anytime today. Don't cry please."

Quietly nodding a little, I force my eyes to stop shedding tears and motivate myself to look at the brighter side of things. There are still three more flights. I just have to wait. I'll see them soon.

"Should we grab lunch first? The next flight will be in two hours." He questions, smiling with eyes downcast. Afraid I might miss my family's arrival, I shake my head promptly. "Okay. Um, just... just stay here. I'll get you something to eat."

Another two hours pass by in a blur without seeing my family or receiving messages from them at the least. None. No clue of what happened to them at all. My heart rate increases strenuously—I could hear it pounding in my ears, drumming fast and loud. Did something happen to them? I look at Kai to ask him mentally about it but he just gives me an optimistic smile. Somehow, his smile grants me the patience and the courage to continue waiting for the arrival of the last possible flight my family is in.

"Kai, maybe something happened to the plane or I don't know. They aren't... Look! They aren't here! Something must have happened." I weep restlessly, not caring about the people around us.

"We already asked around about that, Lou-lou. Baby, nothing like that has happened. Maybe, they just missed their flight."

I hope so. I hope so. I swear, if something happened to them, I would never forgive everyone.

"Let's go. Let's go back to the car. We'll try to reach them." He eggs on, gently pulling me out of the waiting crowd.

As soon as I am inside Kai's car, I promptly dial dad's number. It only rings for a few seconds because daddy picks up the call.

"Hello dad?" There is silence from the other end, making me double check the screen of the phone to see if the call has really been answered. "Daddy? Hello da—"