Choose

"ALEXANDER GIDEON LIGHTWOOD!" I scream, "YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME!"

"I KNOW! BUT I HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE!" He screams back.

I glare at him, "HAH! You're only doing it because you wanna restore the Lightwood name after your MOTHER AND FATHER RUINED IT!" I yell.

"Just because THEY messed up, DOESN'T mean you're going too also, nor Izzy or Max!"

"Y/n-" He says.

"No, if marrying Lydia is what you wish. Then go for it walk out the door, but if you really love me. Then you won't do it, please".

He sits there, and thinks. Then looks up with sad eyes, "Y/n, I have no choice. I need to restore our family name".

"Just because it has bad blood doesn't mean you do, Alec. Just choose, me or her" I sigh.

He stands up, and walks towards the door.

"ALEC! You walk out that door, then you chose her over me!" I try to seem strong.

He pauses, then walks out, closing the door.

I wait till I hear a click, then I start to sob.

I need to find him.

I run out of whatever room I'm in and walk into one sight I never wanted to see ever in my life, except if it's on me.

Alec purposing to Lydia.

New tears flowed down my tear stained cheeks, while my eyes were widen in disgust, and I gasp.

Alec looks my way, and freezes.

He hated the sight of me crying and looking like this. Good. I thought.

I look at Lydia who's smirking at me, and Alecs parents who's staring at me in shock.

I felt anger bubble in my chest.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" I yell at Robert and Maryse, "Excuse me?" She says.

"You're making Alec do all the work when you guys can do it yourselves? Marrying Lydia won't chance a GODDAMN THING! Especially when he's in love with SOMEONE ELSE!" I yell, "Watch yourself" Maryse glares.

"Oh bite me, I'm not done," I glare back even harder, and she goes silent.

Alec gets up and walks towards me, which I put up a hand, and he halts to a stop.

"Just because you two made a mistake DOESN'T mean Alec, Izzy, Max or EVEN JACE WILL! Their good people, that doesn't deserve to clean up the mess YOU GUYS made! Did ALEC join the Circle? Did IZZY? MAX? Or even JACE? NO! BUT YOU TWO DID, you can fix it yourselves," I yell.

My fists clenched, nails digging into my palm, slicing them open making blood drip to the floor.

"Y/n-" Robert starts, "SHUT UP!" I yell at him.

"I love Alec, so much," my voice shudders.

"I love they way he looks at me when we wake up, I love how he cuddles me, I love how he gives me soft kisses here and there," I smile.

"I love how he has to bend down just to hug or kiss me, or picks me up and carries me like a kid when I'm tired or too lazy, I love how he puts up with me, and how he makes me genuinely happy, and I love how he gets this little crease in his forehead when he draws his arrows on his bow to get a clear shot," I smile.

"I love how he reads to me at night so I can fall asleep when I can't, I love him more than anything in this world, and he deserves the best of the best. Not a pair of parents that are strict on him, making him do everything. He deserves the world, happiness, and love an-and someone who makes him feel secure," I cry.

"He needs someone that can make him feel like he's at home, comfortable and loved and wanted. I know that Alec loves me just as much as I love him too," I looked at him, and saw him smile a tiny bit while a tear slides down his cheek.

"Why can't you let any of your children, ESPECIALLY Alec choose who they want to be with? Or who they want to love? Or who they even want to marry?" I laugh. "Let Alec choose who HE wants to be with, if he wants to be with Lydia. I'll leave the Institute, if with me. You'll let him marry me, like he always wanted too. Deal?" I finished.

Maryse and Robert looked very impressed with what I said, Lydia looked pissed off, Alec looked amazed.

"Very well, Alec-" Maryse says and he walks over, grabs my face and bends down to kiss me.

Immediately, I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him closer.

We pull apart and I look at Lydia, her mouth open. 

"Looks like our son has chosen who he wants to be with," Robert looks at us with a smile, then at Lydia.

"I think it's time for you to go, Ms. Lydia" Maryse motions to the door.

Lydia straightens up, and stomps towards the door and left.

I turned to meet Robert and Maryse, their faces full of happiness.

"I-I'm sorry for yelling at you guys like that.. I just wanted to say what I thought was right, and I didn't want Alec to make a mistake" I looked down.

I hear a soft chuckle and a hand under my chin, making me look up to see Maryse look at me with a soft gaze.

"It's okay, we need someone like you as a co-head of the Institute. Someone that can make our son happy, and loved. You think I don't see the way Alexander looks at you when you're not looking? Or how different his smile is around you or others? Or how his tone changes when he talks to you verses how he talks to everyone else?" She smiled.

"He's the happiest I've ever seen when he's with you, and I just wanted to know if you felt the same. So I had him do this for us," Robert chuckles.

"Did you know about it?" I asked Alec, but he looked just as shocked as I am.

"Uh, no. I didn't" He shook his head.

"And the way you stood up to us, was a sign of a very strong, passionate, leader. So we'll bless the wedding" Maryse finished and smiles.

"Thank you Mother," slightly bowing his head, and nods at his Dad, "Father" and grabs my hand and leads me to his room.

As soon as we're in it, he closes the door.

"Alec, I'm so sorry-" I start and he laughs.

"It's okay, you saved me. And I love you for that, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you, and I was dumb, trying to make my Mother proud" he looked away.

I shake my head and cupped his face, which he leaned into and looked at me.

"I love you Alec, and I'm willing to do anything for you" I kiss his neck, because I can't reach his mouth.

He bends down, "Whatever it takes?"

I nod, "Whatever it takes".

"So, does it mean you'll marry me?" He questioned.

I gasp and watch him get down on one knee, and open a blue velvet box with a beautiful ring inside.

"Y/n, I-" He starts.

"YES! I WILL, NOW SHUT UP AND KISS ME!" I yell and kiss him, which he smiles into and kisses me back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rip, I know.

I hoped you liked it :)

-Shyloh