Don't Stop Breathing

-YOUR POV-

"Kill her".

Pain.

Pain is all I felt, I dropped my seraph blade, and fell to my knees.

I look down to see dark red blood spilling from my stomach, I place my hands over the wound to slow it down.

"Y/N!" I hear someone scream, I search for that voice to lock eyes with my best friend, Alec Lightwood.

I got lightheaded and fell to my side, sending more pain throughout my entire body.

But before I hit the ground, someone caught me.

I open my eyes and see Alec, he caught me.

"Y/n..." he breathed out quietly.

"You're gonna be okay," he looked at Clary and started yelling at her to make a portal that leads straight back to the Institute.

"Alec, there isn't much time-" Clary started but Alec interrupted her.

"JUST MAKE THE FUCKING PORTAL!" He screamed.

She looked shocked, but didn't move.

"NOW!" He screamed again and this time she started to make one.

I reached up weakly, and set a bloody hand on his cheek.

He stopped instantly and looked down at me, "Alec... it's okay. I'm so sorry that I wasn't strong enough to take it like a champ" I joked while cracking a small smile.

Alec started to cry, "Y/n please, let me take you to get help" he whispered.

"Clary's right, there isn't much time..." I stopped to breathe, and looked at his beautiful baby blue eyes.

Trying my best to stay focused on him, and the tears were already non stop flowing.

"Alec, I always wanted to tell you something," I breathed in, "I love you. And I'll always love you" I whispered while rubbing my thumb up and down his cheekbone.

He shook his head and picked me up, "CLARY! PORTAL. NOW!"

And that was the last thing I saw or heard.

||ALECS POV||

By the time the portal was made, Y/n went limp in my arms.

Her hair cascading down like a golden waterfall, and her hazel eyes no longer visible.

"Y/n?" I looked down to see her non responding.

I run into the portal and come out in the infirmary.

"HELP! MY BEST FRIEND IS HURT!" I screamed, then looked down at her.

"Just don't stop breathing, you hear me?" I whispered while a silent brother took her away.

It's been hours since then, and I'm pacing back and forth.

Nervous.

Jace, Clary, Izzy and Simon are sitting down. Talking quietly among themselves.

"Y/n should be okay, she has to be" I mumble to myself, the pacing quickening.

Izzy got up, and put a hand on my arm, and I stopped.

"Alec, everything will be fine. She's a strong Shadowhunter, she'll make it. I know she will" she smiled at me, trying to ease my mind.

Tears clouded my view and I bent down to hug my sister.

"I'm happy you're my sibling, Iz" I whispered and hugged her tight.

Her arms wrapped around my waist and gave me a quick squeeze.

"I'll always be here for you, big brother".

As soon as we both pulled away, Brother Zachariah opened the door.

"Y/n Herondale will be just fine. You're lucky you've made it here,"  his voice echoed in my mind.

"Oh thank the angels," I blew out in relief.

"Could we see her?" Clary asked quietly.

"Of course"

||YOUR POV||

I wake up hearing soft voices echoing in my head.

I take a peek and I see Alec, sitting next to me. Holding my hand, and whispering "Y/n, I'm sorry I wasn't there in time to protect you," he sighed.

"It was my fault you got hurt, and almost died. I can never forgive myself for that" he bowed his head.

I gave his hand a squeeze and softly smiled.

"It's okay Alec, you did protect me. By taking me here, you saved me".

His head snaps up and I see tears running down his beautiful face.

"Y/N!" He yells and hugs me. Which I hug him back, "Hey" I laugh.

"Are you okay?" He asks while pulling away, "Yeah, I'm fine. I feel great," I smiled again.

Then looked at him with concern, "The real question is. Are you okay?"

He nodded, "Yeah. Now that I know you're awake, and I can do this now" he smirked.

I cocked my head in confusion.

"What are you talking abo-" my words halted to a stop.

Alec, my best friend.

Was kissing me.

My head started spinning, and I started to melt into his kiss, I closed my eyed and leaned into him.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, bringing him closer.

His hands slid around my waist and gave them a quick squeeze.

We both pulled back, with loss of air.

"Wow" was all I can say.

Alec was a smiling goofball, "I always wanted to do that" and laughed.

I raise my eyebrow, "Oh? And why didn't you?" I crossed my arms.

Alec scratched the back of his neck, a habit he has when he's nervous.

"Uh, well. It's because I didn't know you liked me. And also because of your brother.."

"What about Jace?" I questioned.

Then next thing I know...

"Yeah, what about me?" Jace smirks.

"Nothing!" Both Alec and I panicked.

Izzy and Clary are behind him smiling.

"Oh big brother, don't pretend we didn't see you kissing your best friend" Izzy teases.

"Yeah, we all know you love each other. And it's okay" Clary smile grew even bigger.

Jace just scoffs, "Just don't hurt her, I don't wanna kill my parabatai" he warns him sternly.

Alec did his famous eye roll, "Why would I do that? She's an angel sent from above" he smiles at me.

I blush like crazy and hide behind my gold curtain.

"I love you too, Y/n" Alec whispers in my ear, low enough for only me to hear.

I stare at him, and smile.

While the others are talking about our future wedding and kids and whatever their minds wander too.

I'm just happy that the person I love, loves me back.

—————————————————————————-

Hi my dears, here's another chapter as promised. I'll try my best to write some more!

I hope you enjoyed it!

Lemme know what you think, I love you all ❤️

-Shyloh 💕