03. I am Here

The next months were just as K.Will promised: with little to no free time. No time to go out with his friends, no time to rest between schedules, and not even enough time to sleep properly.

"Stop messing up the choreography Changkyun! We don't have time to start over, let's finish this one."

"I told you you should stay overnight to practice," Minhyuk was not the best dancer of the group but he was definitely not the worst. That one was Changkyun.

He had been up all night trying to fix his verses and had missed breakfast. He didn't have the energy to keep up with the group's moved dance. His legs were heavy and his head was pounding.

"We are finished here; Honey and Changkyun, you can leave now and work in your raps or stay here and practice a bit more," Hyunwoo said looking at Changkyun in the eye, "the rest of us have vocal practice, and then I have a meeting with the managers, I'll hopefully come home on time for dinner."

Kihyun gave Changkyun a reassuring smile and left after the rest.

"Do you want me to stay behind with you?" asked Jooheon once the vocal line was away.

"It's okay, hyung; I worked on my rap yesterday so I should put a bit more effort on the dance."

"You seem tired Kyun, don't overwork yourself, okay?"

Changkyun nodded and turned to the mirror. He would be way more productive next week if he got more hours of sleep rather than tiring himself when he was already almost fainting. But he decided to go through the choreography three more times

With his eyes glued to the ground he turned off the lights on the dance studio and went to change his clothes in the bathroom at the end of the hall.

"-was his place."

"He can't even keep up with the dance, I can only imagine what a nuisance he must be for Hyunwoo-ssi."

"I admit he's not a bad rapper, but he's nowhere near as good looking as the rest of Monsta X; they could debut as a whole visual group if it wasn't for him."

Changkyun looked through the gap on the stall's door. At least three trainees came in the bathroom, and they obviously didn't know he was there.

"We've been training here longer than he has, and we are actually friends with the rest of the members, he could be easily replaced."

"Have you noticed how close he is with K.Will-nim? No wonder he got to debut."

"What do you mean?" Changkyun asked opening the door and walking to the sink to wash his hands and face.

"Well he-"

"Speaking of the devil, were you eavesdropping our conversation?"

It was four trainees, all of them older–and bigger– than him. They were talking about him, but he wasn't stupid. Changkyun was aware of how they felt since his arrival to Starship, and the rumors going around the company, he wasn't waiting for an apology.

"I was here already."

"Don't be rude baby, we are older than you and have been in the company longer."

"Yes, but I'll be debuting before you," he knew he shouldn't have said that, it was not worth it picking up a fight even if he was right. He just couldn't help it seeing their smirks and looks of superiority. He had been training longer than some of them, even if not within Starship.

He expected them getting upset after saying that, but he was not ready for the hit on his stomach that made him fall on his knees and gasp for air. Someone pushed him to the side and he received a kick on his right leg.