10. I am No Mercy Primacy

The tension in the room was unbearable. All Changkyun wanted to do was to cling to one of his hyungs, but K.Will was sitting at the end of the table next to Kim Si Dae, and Hyunwoo was sitting across of the maknae.

Of course he was acting like the victim, because he was the victim here. They had been bullying him since his arrival, and unlike the participants of No Mercy, these trainees physically bullied him, and hadn't stop even after all this time and Changkyun proving he belongs to the group debuting. He owned no explanation on his sudden joining the company and getting to be a part of the group to them or the fans.

"We won't tolerate any kind of abuse in this company, but since you've trained here for a long time I wont just kick you out. You can chose between quitting with no one knowing what you did in here, or being moved to a small beginning company. In both cases you must give a formal apology to Im Changkyun, and will not be allowed to come into this building ever again, nor talk about what happened in here."

Changkyun was feeling rather sick. It wasn't his fault the trainees were being fired, they had it coming, but Changkyun couldn't help the feeling of guilt inside. He understood how they felt at his arrival, just as he understood No Mercy trainees, but they had decided to take out their anger on Changkyun, and he shouldn't have allowed it to come this far. Hyunwoo had talked to K.Will and Kim Si Dae, and even got other trainees not involved to testify. He didn't look regretful nor apologetic, his members probably had spent more quality time with some of those trainees than with Changkyun, but Hyunwoo was not a very social man, and he was acting mature and responsible.

After his confession night only a week ago, Changkyun had been working on his relationship with his band mates, and feeling more like himself. Kihyun had taken the rapper to visit his previous members, and accepted their rage and nagging, then they talked about Changkyun as a dongsaeng—Kihyun even became friends with Byunghwa. Wonho was trying to get him to exercise more and they've been spending more time together at the dorm, the older was completely enamored with the awkward cuteness of their maknae. Hyungwon was the best company in lazy free moments at the company, and also when he wanted to watch something on TV without commenting on it. Jooheon and Changkyun were spending more time together at the studio working on their raps, and they played around more often too. Opening to Minhyuk was a little bit harder but given their weird personalities and them sharing bedroom, every night they talked before sleeping, and Minhyuk was starting to involve him on his mischief at the dorm and the company.

Hyunwoo had apologized the night after for having been so harsh on him after the incident in the kitchen, and for not checking on him when he noticed the members didn't include him. He also apologized for the chat group they had without him, and for the things they wrongly said about him. Then he told him he had talked to the managers about the problem going on with the trainees; Changkyun had freeze up at that, but Hyunwoo had hug him and assured everything would be fine, and that it was necessary.

"We don't have anything on schedule until tomorrow, wanna go back to the dorm or something else..?"

Changkyun smiled at his hyung's difficulty to communicate with him. Even after they had affirmed in Right Now that they weren't awkward around each other, Changkyun knew it wasn't easy for the elder to interact with him.

"Thank you, hyung; for being with me back there. I know it's leader stuff, but I also know you didn't have to do it. Let's go eat steak, appa."

Looking back to No Mercy, Changkyun was now a more mature and happy person. He felt realized, he felt loved. His group was having the recognition they dreamed of and deserved, they presented on big stages and in company of their favorite sunbaenims and dongsaengs; they received different awards thanks to their hard work and that of their monbebes. They collaborated with people they admired, and attended shows and participated in events no Korean group had before; Changkyun was even singing now! Naturally they had difficulties and arguments once in a while, but they tried to solve them on the same day they start, and not to hold any grudges. They accepted and loved each other just they way they are. They were closer to each other more than they ever had, they were more than friends and brothers.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

It took me a long time to decide if I should continue the story or finish it here now that the plot is done/fulfilled(? I may make another story on No Mercy, with even more angst, and more and even longer chapters.
I'll be attending Monsta X concert (yay) next weekend and since it's in another state I wont have time to write or publish, so I'll leave it here. But I'll start a new story once I'm back.

Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you enjoyed it ♡