07. I am I.M.

I was going to update this on Sunday [it's still Friday for me], but I really liked it and I wanted you to read it and tell me what you think about it [and suffer with me]. I also wanted to know if someone here lives on Europe so I can decide on the hour I'd post.

~*~

Rather than worrying, it is better to try it out first and then worry about the future later.

Well, the future was here. Changkyun had try it out, and had succeeded. He couldn't say he hadn't worried, but he did debut. And now, they were all going to hear his thoughts and see his tears for the first time, which they've saved watching until now—their first free week after promotions and before wholeheartedly working on their first comeback, since they didn't have permission to go home to their families yet.

They were all on the floor, Changkyun was sitting behind them, so they couldn't really see his face. 

Before Starship recruited him without sharing with him their plans for his future, he was a big fan of the show. The reason he decided to ignore the pros and cons of being a trainee under that company and accepted their proposal of being part of a project was No.Mercy. Of course he never expected to walk into a room with the protagonists of said show. He wouldn't have imagined they had plans of debuting him with the winners.

"Oh my God, I had totally forgot about this! Please skip it!"

Hyunwoo looked uncomfortable, while Kihyun seemed decided to stop cooking for the members but Changkyun, who instead of laughing out loud was smiling with apologetic eyes. They obviously ignored the main vocalist's request and watched their parents' presentation on the second mission.

"That was so disappointing; gladly you are not so awkward now," Jooheon was right.

Fortunately for Changkyun, the leader decided to stop for that night after the sixth episode. At this point he was not only tired but getting anxious.

This was the second time he watched the sixth episode; the first time being a few nights before he was called into a certain restaurant—he didn't know then that a trainee had just been eliminated, and that he was going to have an appearance at the end of the same episode. He never watched the rest of the episodes, not even the part where his name was called among the winners.

"Why?" whined Minhyuk taking a sip from his iced coffee.

"We've been here for about six hours. This are not exactly vacations, we still need to get some rest. How long has Hyungwon been asleep by the way?"

"I'm not trying to wake him up, hyung; he can sleep here."

Hyunwoo nodded and sent the rest of the members to sleep on their rooms.

Changkyun couldn't sleep that night.

His hands were tied. Telling the truth to his hyungs didn't seem like a good idea, Changkyun didn't know what outcome would that have. Telling K.Will or another adult would make the problem bigger, especially without solid evidence to prove who was responsible. Confronting them alone hadn't end well before. Kihyun was at the dorms, and Jooheon was in the building, but with Gunhee. And now he couldn't contact his Nu'Bility members.

He was alone, and barely bearing up.

"You don't deserve to be part of the comeback. One of us could easily replace you, you know? Is not like more than one percent of Monsta X fans like you."