04. I am Hurting

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

A few days before their debut, Changkyun found himself surrounded by a group of trainees who had been drinking in their free day.

They were waiting for him in front of the dorms and the oldest put his arm around Changkyun's shoulders and guided him towards an alley nearby; he tried to get free but the other trainees stopped him before he could get away. "Pay attention to your elders," a hit on his stomach got him on his knees right before one of the youngest trainees positioned himself behind the rapper to hold his chin up. "I don't care if you are to debut soon, we were here before you, you are no more than an intruder," another hit to his abdomen, "you're going to ruin Monsta X anyway, we are just helping you to mess it up from the start, so the company won't lose that much money." The kid behind him pushed him to the ground where he received kicks on his legs and back, they were making sure it was in places the staff or members couldn't see. "Don't disappoint K.Will, give up before debut date Changkyunnie." 

He could easily take down one or two of the trainees, but a fight would only end up getting all of them—including Changkyun— in trouble. He endured it because of his band members, he couldn't ruin their debut, he endured it because of Nu'Bility and Gunhee, who wouldn't be debuting as he might, he endured it because of his family, he couldn't let them down. Thoughts were now flooding his mind, inspired to write some lyrics he pulled himself together and walked to the coffee shop at the end of the street, he sent a text to Jeongwook and sat there writing on his phone for about an hour before going back home.

The maknae was now standing in the entrance of Monsta X dorm, voices coming from the kitchen. "You can do this Daniel," he uttered walking through the living room.

"Changkyun," the leader was leaning against the island next to Minhyuk; behind them, the rest of the members seemed to be helping Kihyun with the dinner.

"Sorry I'm late, I brought some coffee."

It was the first time he had done that for his band mates, but he knew what each of them preferred and liked. He placed the drink carrier on the table and enjoyed with a small smile the thank you's from his hyungs.

"Our maknae knows us well," Minhyuk ruffled Changkyun's hair with a big smile while sipping on his coffee. 

Kihyun side hugged him before grabbing his own cup, "Thank you Kyun-ah; but this doesn't save you from doing the dishes. You'll be helping this two," he pointed Hyunwoo and Minhyuk, "house chores should be a responsibility but with you guys it can only work as punishment," he sighed shaking his head as if he was the oldest of the group.

"What did you do?" Changkyun couldn't help his curiosity.

"I brought Minhyuk and Hyungwon to the gym," Shownu laughed and Minhyuk almost chokes on his drink.

"Hyung!" the model whined behind them, hiding his face on Kihyun's arm.

"Drop it guys, you want to clean the whole house tonight instead of sleeping?" the mom of the group warned.

Changkyun decided to spare them from further punishment, and maybe ask them later. They had dinner together and even tough the youngest didn't participate much on the conversation he felt comfortable and at calm, welcomed and included. When they finished it was time for the three penalized guys to clean up the mess left on the kitchen. While Hyunwoo cleared the table and put the left overs on the fridge, Changkyun was to help Minhyuk to wash the dishes.

"This won't come out, can you put water in it and boil it?"

Changkyun took the pan Minhyuk was handing him and did as he was asked when he felt his phone vibrate. It was a text from Jeongwook, asking where he was at the moment and where the trainees where. Maybe he shouldn't have told him about the hitting, it could get the older in trouble as well if he got involved. "Kyunnie, the pan."