Fire

It had been 4 days, phil still wasn't awake yet. Pj kept telling dan not to worry, but dan couldn't help it. He cared so much about phil, so much so that he'd forgotten to ask pj who they were talking about in the meeting.

People had already started packing up for moving day, dan however had not. He decided he wasn't going to leave until phil woke up.

~~~~
Dan suddenly opened his eyes, the sounds of screaming outside his tent. He immediately stood up and ran outside, what he saw almost made his heart stop.

Burning, everything was burning, there was fire, everywhere. People were running, trying to escape, but were being shot down, by someone, or something.

As dan stared at the scene, only one thought ran trough his head. He had to get phil.

Dan ran in the direction of the lab, as he ran he felt someone grab his arm, it was James. He was covered in ash and had burns along his right arm.

James: dan *cough cough* you need to get out of here!

James's voice was rough and quiet, despite the urgency of his words. He sounded like he'd been inhaling a lot of smoke.

Dan: I can't! I have to get phil!

Dan said as he tried to pull away from James.

James: dan! Just leave him! He'll be fine!

Dan: no, I can't leave him!

Dan broke out of James's grip and ran. Tears were streaming down Dan's face, he couldn't tell if it was from the smoke, or the fear of loosing phil again.

Dan reached the lab and quickly entered the door, it seemed to have been left open.

As soon as he saw the lab, he froze. Pj was lying on the ground next to the computer bleeding. The tube that phil was in was shattered and phil was nowhere to be seen. Dan snapped himself out of the trance he seemed to be in. He ran next to pj and shook his limp body.

Dan: Pj! Pj! What happened! Where's phil?!

Pj slowly opened his eyes and looked at something behind dan. Pj's eyes grew wide.

Pj: dan look out!

Dan turned around just in time to see a man holding phil and pointing a gun at him.

Gun man: don't move or I'll shoot

His voice was deep and husky. Even if dan wanted to move, he couldn't.

Dan: w-who are you? Why do you have phil?

The man laughed

Gun man: you don't know who I am? Dan, I've known you your entire life. I've watched you grow up.

Dan looked confused

Dan: what?

The man flashed a toothy grin

Gun man: there's so much you don't know dan. You don't even know how powerful you are.

Dan was even more confused now, then he remembered phil was still in the mans arms.

Dan: I don't care! Just let phil go!

Gun man: no, I need him.

Dan: for what! I don't even know who you are!

Gun man: dan, I'm your father.