It Begins Here

I was enrolled in primary school as soon as i got here. Thing is i was white and this is the Caribbean meaning a lot of melanine.  So fitting in wasn't the easiest thing. Had to learn the lingo, look Trinidadian, act Trinidadian. It seemed hopeless until one day this girl came up to me and introduced herself. Her name was Amanda. She was the first friend i ever made and she taught me how to be a trini basically. She introduced me to the cuisine, the slang, the music. Oh let me tell you. The music is phenomenal. It just wants to make you get up and dance and wine and move every part of your body. 
I loved in queens back in New York.  Some call it a mini caribbean and it was true. You had guyanese, trinidadian, jamaican, etc and it never got boring. I heard about soca when i was over there. The sound of kevin lyttle" Tempted to Touch" is still one of my favourites.I never liked history back in America. To me it was all about conquering land, war and just back and forth revolution. The history for Trinidad enticed me. Apparently this country was a gathering of all races and religions and thats why this country has the most amount of holidays.  Let me tell you. Every month there is literally 4 public holidays. Every religion is celebrated and every national historic day is as well. Partying here is something else. They take it to the extreme.  No limits on nothing. Rum, music, women, food they have it all.

Hold on I'm ahead of myself. I just started primary school and I'm talking about women. Sorry.
So Amanda brought me out of my shell. She changed me into a trini and it was for the good. We became best friends to the point where our parents knew each other.  4 years of primary school passed and guess what.  I fell for her. She had the qualities that every man wanted.  Bear in mind im now 12 and im in love with a girl. " Whats wrong with you?"

Your next word is well a phrase.
" Wais d cene"
This in english is " What is the plan"
Trinidadians are known for a sing songy accent and its enjoyable. They go high and low and you just love to hear it. They shorten a lot of words and make it their own dialect called 'broken english'.
The phrase means asking someone whats up or whats going on. What are we going to do later, any plans?