Ch 20 A Hero rises

The night was unbearable for most of the group that had witnessed Zane's demise and Camula's rise. The more she wins the power she has would only make her stronger. Jaden was filled with rage and wanted to defeat Camula but he needed to find a way to make sure that charm she used gets negated. Jaden looked at his half charm and wanted to make it whole. Jaden knew that even his power would not be enough to stop her charm. Jaden wanted to win but he knew that winning may come at a price.

The night was painful but not as much as Syrus. Zane was the best duelist but at the school until Jaden showed up and showed that even the best can be beat. Jaden has so much passion and wanted to prove to Zane and Syrus that if you have heart then you have something that your opponent has. Jaden went to bed and he had already made up his mind that he would duel Camula and he would free Crowler and Zane. Jaden all he needed to do is find a way around that shadow charm but the only way Jaden thought would work would be his half shadow charm.

Jaden was still in the infirmary and wanted out. The night past and morning came and class was canceled again that day. Akiza and Alexis went to check on Jaden and Atticus. Alexis was by Atticus' bed along with Jaden and Akiza. Atticus awoke and then he showed that he had the other half of the shadow charm and Jaden took it and placed the two together and it became one. Jaden smiled and now he knew that he could save everyone and win. The day went by and the night began to take over the school.

The night grew and Jaden and the gang showed up to the castle and Jaden was ready to duel. Camula was waiting and holding the Zane doll and she smiled as her guests had arrived. Camula said "my prey has come to me and now which one of you will be my next victim." Jaden said "I will take you on and beat you and free Crowler and Zane from your spell." Camula smiled and said "good I like a challenge and you look cute as well. I would love to add you to the collection that I have."

Jaden got on the other balcony and Camula took her place on the other side. Camula and Jaden said "duel." Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play Polymerization to fuse my Elemental Heroes Avian, Sparkman, and Bubbleman to fusion summon Elemental Hero Tempest in attack mode. (2800atk) I play one card face down and end my turn." Camula smiled and said "my turn, I draw. I play Illusion Gate to destroy all your monsters and I will take Tempest as my own monster. Now for the soul that I will take I think I will take the two girls that love you very much."

Then Jaden's shadow charm kicked in and formed a barrier around the gang and Jaden had a sigh of relief seeing that his friends were safe. Then Camula offered her soul up as the tribute. Then Tempest was destroyed and then appeared on her side of the field. Camula smiled as she knew that the duel was in the bag. Jaden was unhappy to see that one of his best monsters was working for a vampire. Camula said "I now summon Zombie Werewolf to the field in attack mode." (1200atk)

Camula smiled and said "Tempest attack Jaden directly." (Jaden's LP 1200) Jaden said "I play my face down Cross Heart which allows me to take back control of my Tempest back to me." Camula said "I end my turn with a face down." Jaden smiled and said "my turn, I draw. I play Pot of Greed which allows me to draw two cards. I play Graceful Charity which allows me to draw three cards but I much discard two cards. I play Polymerization to fuse Elemental Heroes Avian and Burstinatrix to fusion summon Elemental Hero Flame Wingman to the field in attack mode." (2100atk)

Camula looked at the field and could see that she was in a pinch. Jaden said "Flame Wingman attack Zombie Werewolf." Camula said "I play my face down Negate Attack which ends the battle phase." Jaden said "I end my turn." Camula said "my turn, I draw. I tribute my Zombie Werewolf to summon Vampire Lord to the field in attack mode. (2000atk) Now I banish Vampire Lord to summon Vampire Genesis to the field in attack mode. (3000atk) I now attack Tempest with Vampire Genesis. (Jaden's LP 1000) I end my turn with a face down.

Jaden said "my turn. I draw. I switch my Wingman to defense and set a face down monster and I end my turn." Camula said "my turn, I draw. I summon Vampire Lady to the field in attack mode. (1550atk) Now Vampire Genesis attack Flame Wingman. Vampire Lady attack his face down monster." The monster that she attacked was Elemental Hero Shadow Mist which had (1500def) so it was destroyed. But then Shadow Mist effect kicked in allowing Jaden to add one Hero monster from his deck to his hand. Jaden chose to bring Elemental Hero Bladedge to his hand.

Camula ended her turn. Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I use Necroshade effect to summon Bladedge to the field without a tribute. Bladedge attack Vampire Lady." (Camula's LP 2950) Jaden then ended his turn. Camula said "my turn, I draw. Vampire Genesis attack Bladedge. (Jaden's LP 600) I end my turn." Jaden said "my turn, I draw. I play Miracle Fusion by removing from play my King of the Swamp and Elemental Hero Sparkman I can fusion summon Elemental Hero Shining Flare Wingman to the field in attack mode.(2500atk) Now his effect is that for every Hero in the graveyard he gains 300 attack points."

Shining Flare Wingman's attack went up to. (4900atk) Jaden said "Flare Wingman attack vampire Genesis. (Camula's LP 1050) Camula said "I can still go and I have just the card to beat you with." Jaden said "this duel is over Shining Flare Wingman deals you damage equal to the attack of your destroyed monster." Shining Flare Wingman appeared in front of Camula and dealt the final blow. Then the Illusion Gate appeared behind Camula and a hand took her and dragged her into the door and then the gate disappeared and left all traces of her. Then Zane appeared where Camula was at one point.

Everyone looked for Crowler and he ended up stuck in Chazz's pocket. Jaden looked down at the shadow charm that he had used and smiled. Alexis and Akiza went over to Jaden and gave him a hug. Both the girls were happy that Jaden won but they were impressed by the fact that Jaden brought out one of his ace monsters and didn't use Neos for the duel. Jaden looked at Syrus and saw the biggest smile on his face as he hugged his big bro. Then the castle began to fall apart and the gang sprinted out of the castle and got back to the lake and got out of the water without getting wet. The gang was happy that another shadow rider was gone and everyone went to bed knowing that they had won the night.