Ch 29 The Gambler of Fate

After the duel monster spirit day everyone was getting ready for the end of the year and it was fast approaching. Syrus was freaking out because he was not doing so well in class. Jaden saw this friend in need and had Alexis, Akiza, and Bastion help Syrus study for the next couple of weeks. So they formed this little study group and Alexis was taking the lead as she was at the top of the class for the girls. Jaden was at the top for the boys with Bastion coming in at a close second.  

So the study group went into the library and studied what was going to be on the final. Alexis was a good teacher for this and Syrus was understanding a lot more then when Crowler yells at the Sifer's for being the worst bunch of students. Syrus was smiling and having fun learning about counter traps and monster traps. Jaden could see that having this study group was encouraged Syrus to have more confidence and keep his mind from thinking about the finals. Akiza was looking at Jaden and felt a wave of happiness because Jaden set this up to help a friend in need.

After about a few hours Jaden and the gang looked outside to see that it was dark outside. They may get in trouble if they are caught out of bed after hours. When they left the library they heard voices. The group then followed the voices and saw that Sheppard and Crowler were talking to a man in a well downed man in a white suit. Sheppard was telling this man that he wouldn't agree  to his terms and wanted his out. Then a security came in and tried to append this man and fail to do so.

Jaden was going to stop this but Alexis entered the room first. Then the man Crowler and Sheppard looked at who had entered the room and saw that Alexis had entered the room. Alexis said "well I thought that I would never see you again but anything is possible in this world now." The man said "it has been to long since the last time we met isn't it Alexis." Alexis said "nice to see you again Pierre but you have something of mine that doesn't belong to you." Pierre said "oh you want it then I have a wager if I win in a duel then you are mine and if you win I will give back what is stole deal?"

Alexis agreed to this and they went to the main arena and they got into ready position and said "duel." Pierre said "my turn, I draw. I play the continuous spell card Second Coin Toss I now summon Gamble Angel Bunny to the field in attack mode. (1200atk) I now use my monster's effect to flip a coin and if I call it right you take 1000 points damage but if I call it wrong then I take 1000 points damage. So I call heads." 

The coin was flipped and it was tails. Pierre said "I use my continuous spell card Second Coin Toss to allow me to flip the coin again. So I call tails." The coin flipped and it was tails. (Alexis' LP 3000) Pierre said "I will end my turn with a face down." Alexis said "my turn, I draw. I summon Cyber Tutu to the field in attack mode (1000atk) I now attack you directly because you control a monster with more attack then my monster." 

Pierre said "I play my trap Fairy Box which allows me to flip a coin and if I call it right then your monster's attack becomes 0. So I call heads." The coin flipped and landed on tails. Then his Second Coin Toss allowed him to redo that coin flip and he calls it heads again and it land heads to Pierre took no damage. Alexis said "I end my turn with a face down." Pierre said "my turn, I draw. during my standby phase I have to pay 500 point points to keep my Fairy Box on the field and I will pay it." (Pierre's LP 3500) 

Jaden watched the duel then Atticus showed up and saw Pierre and was not happy but Jaden asked what Pierre had done wrong and Atticus was to angry to say. Pierre said "I use my Gamble Angel Bunny's effect and I flip a coin again so I call heads." The flip revealed tails and his Second Coin Toss kicked and he flipped it again and called it tail and was correct. (Alexis' LP 2000) Pierre said "I summon another Gamble Angel Bunny to the field in attack mode. (1200atk) I now attack your monster." 

Alexis said "I play my face down Doble Passe which makes your monster's attack a direct one and my monster get to attack you directly." (Alexis' LP 800) (Pierre's LP 2500) Pierre said "I will attack using my other monster. (Alexis' LP 600) I end my turn." Alexis said "my turn, I draw. I play Scapegoat which summons four sheep tokens to my field and I will set one card and end my turn." Pierre said "my turn, I draw. I pay the 500 life points to keep Fairy Box on the field. (Pierre's LP 2000) I summon Sand Gambler to the field in attack mode." (300atk)

Alexis didn't have a good feeling about this new monster on the field. Pierre said "I now use his effect to flip three coins and if they are all heads then your monsters are destroyed. But if it is all tails then all my monsters are destroyed." He flipped the first coin and got heads then the second one was tails and he used the Second Coin Toss to redo it. this time it landed heads and the last one also landed heads. Alexis' monster were all destroyed and that left her wide open.

Alexis said "I play my face down Hallowed Life Barrier by discarding one card I can reduce the damage I take to 0 for the rest of this turn." Pierre said "I end my turn." Alexis said "my turn, I draw. I play The Warrior Returning Alive which allows me to add Cyber Tutu to my hand. I now summon Cyber Tutu to the field in attack mode. (1000atk) I now play Prima Light by sacrificing my Cyber Tutu I can summon Cyber Prima to the field in attack mode. (2300atk) Now her effect goes off when she is summoned destroying all face up spell cards. Now I attack your Sang Gambler with my Cyber Prima."

Pierre said "you may have destroyed one of my ace cards but I will tempt fate on this coin toss. I call heads." The coin flipped and it landed on tails and the attack hit and Pierre had lost the duel. Pierre gave Alexis a red scarf and the gang realized what he had stolen from her. Pierre said "all I ever wanted was your love Alexis. I still want it with all my heart would you come with me we could travel the world." Alexis said "I already have a boyfriend and I want to made my own mark so no thanks. Pierre took his leave and everyone went home and got a good night sleep.