Ch 33 Chumley's Last Test

The school year was coming to an end and for Chumley he had failed for the third time on the duel test. Chumley was drawing and he was making a beautiful card design and Chumley saw that there was a contest that Maximillian Pegasus had made. So Chumley entered the contest and he was happy that he had entered and wanted to win. After about a day or two Sheppard had gotten a call from Pegasus say that he wanted to hire Chumley to be a creator of card team that he had created.

Crowler was in the room at the time but he was not happy in the slightest. Sheppard asked for Chumley to come to his office. Then when Chumley got to his office he was told that Pegasus was interested in hiring him to make cards for him. Crowler said "no he hasn't even passed the first year and he has been here for three years." Sheppard said "I understand that but I think it would be in the best interest to give him a job so that he can purse a dream of his." Crowler was upset but then came of with an idea.

Crowler said "if Chumley can beat me in a duel then I will allow him to get the job that Pegasus offered." Sheppard said "very well I will accept that. I want this duel finished within three hours." Chumley ran back to the dorm and told Jaden and the gang that he had a shot to get his dream job. Jaden looked happy for him but knew that Crowler wasn't going to hold back. They then ran to the arena where Crowler was waiting. Chumley and Crowler got into position and they both said "duel."

Chumley said "my turn, I draw. I set one monster face down and I end my turn." Crowler said "pathetic. My turn, I draw. I play the spell card Magnet Circle LV2 which allows me to summon a level two or lower machine type monster. I summon Ancient Gear to the field in attack mode. (100atk) I can now summon another Ancient Gear because I control one. I now tribute my two Ancient Gears to summon Ancient Gear Golem to the field in attack mode. (3000atk) Now I attack your face down monster." The monster was revealed to be Des Koala and it had 1800 defense points. (Chumley's LP 2800)

Chumley said "because my monster was flipped you take 400 points of damage for each card in your hand." (Crowler's LP 3200) Crowler said "I end my turn." Chumley said "my turn, I draw. I summon Eucalyptus Mole to the field in defense mode. (1300def) I play a two face downs and end my turn." Crowler said "my turn, I draw. I attack your monster with Ancient Gear Golem." (Chumley's LP 1100) Chumley said "because you destroyed my monster I am allowed to summon Big Koala to the field in attack mode." (2700atk) Crowler said "I summon Ancient Gear Soldier to the field in defense mode. (1300def) I end my turn."

Chumley said "my turn, I draw. I play Wild Nature's Release which allows my monster to add the defense of my monster to its attack points. (4700atk) I now attack your Ancient Gear Golem. (Crowler's LP 1500) I now play my face down Beast Soul Swap which allows me to add my monster to my hand and let me summon a beast-type monster from my hand. I summon Big Koala to the field in attack mode. Now attach his Ancient Gear Soldier. I will end my turn."

Crowler said "my turn, I draw. I play Pot of Greed which allows me to draw two cards. I play Ancient Gear Factory which by removing from play all my ancient gear monsters I can normal summon Ancient Gear Golem to the field in attack mode. (3000atk) I now attack your Big Koala." (Chumley's LP 800) Chumley said "I play my face down Animal Trail to add Des Kangaroo to my hand." Crowler said "I play Ancient Gear Drill to discard one card and I can set one spell card but I can't use it the turn it is set. I end my turn."

Chumley said "my turn, I draw. I play the spell card Ayers Rock Sunrise which allows me to summon Big Koala back to my side of the field. Also your monster loses 200 attack for each beast monster in my graveyard. (2600atk) I now play Polymerization to fuse my Des Kangaroo and Big Koala to fusion summon Master of OZ to the field in attack mode. (4200atk) I now attack your Golem." Crowler said "I play my face down Limiter Removal which doubles my monsters attack but it is destroyed at the end phase." (5200atk) (Chumley's LP 0)

Everyone ran over to Chumley and asked if he was alright. He said that he was fine but sad that he wouldn't get the dream of a lifetime. Crowler walked over to them and said "this duel was not about who won and lost but to see how far you have come Chumley. I will allow you to get this job and I hope you do duel academy proud." Everyone was stunned not as much as Chumley but now all was right with the world. The next thing was the graduation duel and that was one that everyone was looking forward to seeing.

Chuley said goodbyes and left DA for his new job. Zane was in his room thinking and he wanted to figure out which person would be good for him to duel. The only one on his mind was Jaden and he wanted revenge for the lose he took earlier in the year. He then looked at his younger brother and saw that Syrus had improved and he knew that Jaden would train him and he would become a great duelist. Zane wanted this duel and he knew that this would be the best duel of his life and he would win at all cost.