Chapter 14: Drinking With The Man Who Never Misses

After my run in with Jiraiya, I needed to get drunk and fast. I couldn't go home as I knew Hal was there and I didn't want to answer any questions he might have right now.

I ran to a costume store and bought a simple black mask and a hoodie and put it on, making sure the hood covered half of my face.

I headed towards a street corner where I knew there was an illegal bar hidden in the basement of an abandoned building where they sold drinks to minors and criminals. The kind of place you don't want to walk around without something to protect your identity.

I went down the stairs and saw the counter and sat on one of the seats. I looked at the bartender at shouted, "Give me your strongest drinks!" To hell with being polite. I'm not in the mood.

The bartender gave me a raised eyebrow. "I know we sell drinks to minors, but aren't you still too young to be in a place like this?"

I slowly felt a few guys going towards my direction. Probably the security thugs around here preparing to kick me out if necessary.

I felt my veins pop at my forehead. I did NOT need this right now! I want my drink NOW!

I grabbed an empty seat near me and smashed it over the counter, causing the chair to fall apart and the counter to have a huge crack in it.

I held back. Hey, I can't have what I want if I destroy the whole place.

I threw the leg of the destroyed chair that I was holding on to the ground and glared at the now sweating bartender who was frozen in fear. "Are you going to give me what I want or do you want your head to look like this counter?!" I shouted at him as I pointed at the large crack.

One of the nicest things about illegal places like these is that they can't call law enforcement unless they want to end up in a jail cell themselves, so I can be as violent as I want.

I looked around and saw that many of the customers here also looked pretty afraid of me while others smirked in respect or stared in interest.

I turned towards the security as I saw them slowly pulling out their weapons. I sighed as I thought maybe this was a blessing in disguise. I needed to blow some steam anyway. "Are you going to fight me or just stand there like a bunch of morons?" I asked in a calm but deadly way as I poured chakra to my fists, preparing to vent my frustrations with the whole Jiraiya situation.

After that, it was pretty predictable how things went on from there. There were now many craters in the bar with destroyed furniture everywhere and the security guys were unconscious on the floor in a pile (except for that one guy who has became stuck in the wall) with multiple bruises and broken bones. I, on the other hand, am now drowning down a nice strong drink while sitting down and relaxing.

My phone started to ring and I saw Hal's name on the screen. I pressed the ignore button and went back to getting drunk.

I raised my now empty glass at the bartender who looked like he was regretting his life choices of working here. "More." I simply demanded as I finished my 50th or so glass.

As he poured the drink into the glass, I saw that someone was sitting next to me from the corner of my eye, setting their drink on the counter.

My eyes widened a tiny bit as I recognized the man from League profiles. He smirked and looked in my direction. "That was quite an entertaining show you put up earlier. I must say, it was hilarious watching a bunch of grown ass men being thrown around by an elementary school kid."

I mirrored his expression back at him. "Thanks for the compliment. You make me blush, Deadshot."

Deadshot's eyes showed his surprise at my knowledge of him before it went back to normal. "So you know who I am. That's not something most kids your age usually know."

I drowned down my refilled drink before slamming the cup on the table. "I'm not most kids. I must say, you have quite an impressive list of accomplishments."

My mind went over all the information the League us on Deadshot. Real name is Floyd Lawton. An assassin who's known for his sniping ability and never missing a shot. Has excellent skills in other weaponry and a formidable hand to hand combat fighter.

He smirked and swallowed his drink a little. "What can I say? There's a lot one can accomplish when they're not afraid to die." He answered back easily.

I just hummed in response as I've met many people like him back in the Elemental Nations. Something tells me he would've fit right at home there.

Floyd turned to me in interest. "So, what's a little girl like you doing in a place like this?"

I shrugged carelessly. "Had a good day, till it turned really shitty. Needed to take my mind off of things." I vaguely answered as I looked at my glass with sadness.

For a second, I had hope. After Jiraiya died, it was like I lost Dan and Nawaki all over again. I thought I finally had him back when I felt his chakra and that he could take me on that date, but he didn't remember a single damn thing, and that hurts, probably more than what I'm able to admit to myself.

Deadshot just nodded and held out his glass in front of me. "To shitty days"

I laughed slightly and raised my glass to meet his. "To shitty days." I repeated back at him and we both knocked our heads back and emptied the glass.

I looked at him more carefully and noticed a bullet graze on his arm. Looks to be around 4-5 hours old. Out of habit, I put my hand out towards him and he flinched slightly, pulling away from me.

"What are you doing?" He asked with narrowed eyes as a hand went towards one of his guns.

I realized what I was doing and pulled back with an apologetic expression. "Sorry. It's a habit I have when I see an injury."

He looked at me carefully as he went back to his previous position. "Are you a doctor or something?"

I nodded as I looked back at the injury. "Yeah. I'm pretty sure you saw my strength and speed during the fight, but I also can heal."

He looked at the bullet graze and held it out towards me. "Show me."

I just shrugged and put my hand on top of it before it glowed green. I waited a for a few seconds before pulling away. His arm was all healed up and not even a scar remained.

Deadshot's eyebrows went up a little in surprise before going back to normal. "Useful trick. Who do you work for? I know many people and organizations who would kill to have you by their side. It's hard to believe for you to be unaffiliated with those abilities." He stated with curiosity.

I smirked mysteriously at him. "I don't talk about your business and you don't talk about mine." I said simply, avoiding the question.

Floyd smirked back. "I can respect that."

I put money on the table before hopping off my seat. I better get going before Hal gets too worried and have Bruce track me down. "Well, I gotta go. I think I've disappeared for long enough. I don't need my friends storming the place looking for me. It was nice talking to you." I said before I walked towards the door.

"You, too. Hope we meet again. I forgot to ask this, but what do I call you?" He asked as he realized he never got my name.

"Just call me Panacea." I answered as I headed out the door and back home where I knew a very worried Hal was waiting for me.

To be continued...