Chapter 3

I paced the office, nervousness clear as the light of day.

Glynda: What do you mean Beacon had fallen?

Seraph: What I said. Not to mention... That thing...

I shivered at the thought. It was massive, bright glooming red eyes. Bigger than Beacon tower. in fact... I felt that... It destroyed Beacon.

Ozpin: Seraph!

I halted my pacing, realizing that I was in Ozpin's office.

Seraph: My apologies. I forgot where I was.

Glynda and Ozpin looked to me, and with a pleading glance he... actually begged.

Ozpin: Will you tell us? Please.

I pursed my lips at the idea but sighed.

Seraph: Beacon was... attacked. A girl with raven hair, amber glowing eyes... She... That thing... It was huge.

Ozpin: What did it look like?

Seraph: Looks... Six yellow-red eyes. Large red bat-like wings... Bones. Bone-like spines goes along its body.

The more I explained the looks, the more fearful Ozpin turn.

Seraph: It... It came from... The direction of the mountain.

I looked towards the mountain and shook my head.

Seraph: That is as much as I can say. Anymore and it might change what happens.

Ozpin nodded in understanding as Glynda gave a small frown, she knew whatever was bothering me was a large problem. Beacon falling... Horrible.

Ozpin: Seraph, would you like to attend Beacon?

My head snapped to him, he raised his hands in defence as if surrendering once more.

Ozpin: As a bodyguard, so to say.

Seraph: You want me as one of your chess pieces.

He frowned slightly as I paced.

Seraph: I see things Ozzy. Whether I want to, or not.

Ozpin: We need your help.

Seraph: I...

I looked to the floor, uncertain. Joining them would mean I would have to encounter her again. I was not eager for that.

Seraph: A year.

I looked to them, deadly serious as they stared back in confusion.

Seraph: You have a year to show me warriors worthy to face her. Or I will leave.

Ozpin nodded and soon accepted my proposal. He told me of my old team room and sent me there, mentioning I will attend the classes to meet said future warriors.

I went off, going down the elevator and soon heading to my room. Opening it was normal and I sighed in relief. My team was one of the best before we disbanded.

I had been called to Atlas and a member of my team had died in the time I was missing. Once my semblance was found out, Atlas kept me as their guinea pig. Testing various equipment on me, training me, drugging me. They made me into a perfect soldier.

Not that i cared to listen to.

I went into the room and closed the door behind me, deciding to head to the book shelf that was filled to the brim with books of various genres.

I smiled fondly at them, memories of my team and I laughing and reading them together. I then recieved a message on my scroll showing the classes I had to go to.

I smiled with unease.

Seraph: How well have you been training your chess pieces, Ozpin?