Chapter 10

We set up camp in the woods, me laying down as Qrow drank his alcohol.

Qrow: So what do you want to know?

Jaune: Everything!

Ruby: Who was that guy? Why did he attack us?

Nora: Who is this Salem? How was (Y/N) changed?!

Ren: Why are we being chased?

I remained silent as Qrow frowned. I sat up, not fully recovered.

(Y/N): You all have heard of the two brothers. The gods of light and darkness.

Jaune: What does that have to do with anything-

Qrow: Just listen.

Jaune looked peeved.

(Y/N): That fairy tale is real. So are many others.

Qrow: Such as the four maidens.

(Y/N): I need to rest and get my aura back... Wake me up when I need to explain things...

I laid back down and went to bed, leaving Qrow to explain most of everything.

I told you not to fight. You could have killed everyone.

My... I never expect him to say that out of the both of us.

I know he does not wish his friends to die.

Yes. So why are you the one telling him to not protect them?

I ignored the two as they bicker and soon was shook awake by Qrow.

Qrow: Your turn. I need a drink.

(Y/N): Oh... Where did he stop..?

I addressed the team which looked peeved and also very upset.

(Y/N): Didnt like what you heard. Right?

Ruby: We... Heard about Maidens.

(Y/N): What else?

Nora: That theres four of them?

(Y/N): Go on.

Ren: If one dies, the power simply goes to someone else.

(Y/N): Thats all?

Jaune: Salem. You said she changed you. How?

I looked to Jaune, he was really... Really peeved.

I looked to the ground and soon sighed before leaning back.

(Y/N): You might hear a repeat Ruby. But this is the full story. You know of Salem, so listen up.

(Y/N): I... I was a prodigy. Best of my class and soon enough went to Beacon. I was scouted for my semblance or... Well lack of it, so they thought, and brought to Atlas where it was named.

They kept quiet, listening intently.

(Y/N): Atlas... Tried to take my semblance and imbed it into normal people. Soldiers. Robots.

I paused, letting it sink in and picked up a stick. Frowning as I scribbled formulas of anything in my head. Something. Anything to kept me away from doing anything rash.

(Y/N): When... When my friend teammate died. Damien. I snapped. I broke out of the lab and ran to clear my mind. And... I was chased.

Ren: By... What...

I snapped the stick with a grim frown.

(Y/N): Grimm. A ursa major found me, called the rest and I had no weapons to help me. I ran. I ran far as I could as long as I could and soon enough was knocked out.

I dropped the stick and leaned against a boulder.

(Y/N): When I woke up... I... Found myself in a cell. I thought it was... It was Atlas. But it ended up to be far worse.

Ruby: Was it..?

(Y/N): She found me. She... Salem...

Flash backs of what had transpired appeared in my head as I couldnt help but hug myself to remain sane.

(Y/N): She knew of my semblance. She... Whispered things. Things that would break a normal person. Things that would make anyone lose hope...

I covered my face, the feeling of hopelessness coming down upon me.

(Y/N): When... When she thought I was broken enough, I was brought out. Tyrian held me down and... Wattson... He... He mutated on me. Forced Grimm blood in me... Changed me by Salem's orders.

Jaune: So when... When we were underground...

(Y/N): A shred of doubt had let Salem's power take over. But Ozpin did something. I... I dont know what.

(Y/N): The things... I have seen. The things I have done... I cant forgive myself... That is why I agreed to stay at Beacon. To see if Ozpin can train a group of warriors to fight Salem.

Ruby: And what do you think..?

I stayed silent and looked away, not eager to let them know that right now they stood no chance.

(Y/N): Perhaps... Against her lackeys.

I heard a voice, humming in the woods. I looked over as the team before me nervously looked to one another.

???: Go for a walk.

(Y/N): I... Think I need a walk...

I stood up, walking towards the direction of the voice.

???: Good... We can be together again... Just. Like. Old. Times...

I barely heard someone calling for me as I kept walking. Even when someone grabbed my arm, they suddenly let go.

???: Sleep.

I dropped, darkness consuming me. A warm embrace holding me tight.

(Y/N): R..Reol...