Chapter 8

I woke up on a bed, cleaned of sap and in a change of clothes. I managed to sit up, dazed and confused when I saw Ozpin at the end of my bed.

Ozpin: We-

Seraph: Need to talk...

I cut him off. Mind wandering elsewhere to the flashback I had.

Ozpin: As we brought you back for medical attention, you had already healed even though your aura was depleted.

I kept silent, listening to how much he knew. All the while pretending as if I wasn't paying attention.

Ozpin: We... Ran some tests on your blood. We found something odd about it.

I looked to him, a rare moment of when he saw me as what I used to be. When I used to be the leader of my old team. He tensed a moment but continued.

Ozpin: (Y/N). Answer me. What are you?

I looked at him a moment longer as my eyes flashed red. He grimaced.

Seraph: You know the answer.

Ozpin: Grimm.

I swung my legs off the bed and walked calmly to the window before closing my eyes and breathing in.

Seraph: When she got me, it was a nightmare...

I shivered slightly as I looked down at the students walking.

Seraph: Ozpin. Her army is growing. She has her chess pieces. And if she catches me again... I will be her chess piece as well.

I looked to him, pained.

Seraph: No grimm can truly resist the Queen face to face. She will not lose me again.

He seemed to understand in a way, walking to my side as I turned my gaze to the outside.

Ozpin: Do you think, that being Grimm will change my look on you?

Seraph: I know this is useless, Ozzy.

He looked at me surprised when I called him that.

Seraph: She told me. This is all pointless. Yet you still try.

Ozpin frowned, looking to his cup he always holds.

Seraph: Your rebirth can only do so much.

I took in a deep breath and sighed.

Seraph: I still had given you a year. A year to make warriors that can fight her. And sooner or later... Me.

I noticed his expression, the pain of loss. The fear of losing more.

Seraph: Nonetheless, I will fight with you until she gets her hands on me. Cheer up. Its the festival now, is it not?

I turned to leave, losing my serious expression for my aloof facade.

Seraph: I think... Vale has been setting up... I wonder if it has food...

I closed the door, leaving him to digest this new found knowledge.

I want to believe in him as Qrow does. I want to be by his side and work with him. But he had held so much secrets that I had to learn from Salem instead.

I paused abit and looked down.

Seraph: I wonder... Who is the true monster between the two..?

I frowned and soon wiped it off my face before walking off to take a bullhead to Vale.

While walking I saw the rabbit faunus I had helped. I instead focused on the food I wanted to get, I wonder if they set up my favourite shop yet? They sold nice food...

???: Wait!

I kept walking and felt a tug on my hand. Looking back I saw the rabbit faunus again.

Seraph: Is this going to be a habit, rabbit?

She turned bright red and let go of my hand. I faced her as her team walked up behind her.

???: So you're the dear that had saved our little Velvet. The names Coco hun.

Seraph: Pleasure meeting you.

Coco: This is Fox and Yatsuhashi.

She pointed to the two males who I nodded to.

Coco: Of course you know little Velvet.

Seraph: I dont think I ever got her name... If you dont mind, I want to see if Vale has set up the food shops.

Velvet: Do you mind if I- Um... We followed you?

I tilted my head at that statement and soon looked to her team which looked to each other and nodded.

Seraph: Be my guest.

I turned to continue walking as I hear the small squealing as Velvet bounced to my side.

Velvet: So what weapons do you normally use?

Seraph: Tessens.

Velvet looked at me confused but Yatsuhashi seemed shock and impressed.

Yatsuhashi: That is impressive. Those are hard weapons to master.

I nodded to his statement as Velvet soon asked if she could see it and take a picture.

I thought about it and saw we had time before the bullhead left.

Seraph: Sure, we have time.

I gracefully pulled my tessens which Yatsuhashi hummed. Coco whistled, probably from the slick looks of it. I swung open its blades and got distracted by a bird which landed on it.

I tilted my head in confusion as I brought the fan blade closer to look at the bird.

Seraph: Animals must really like me... They kept flocking to me like nobodies business.

I heard a snap and looked to Velvet.

Seraph: Done? Let's go.