◇ONE◇

I never liked Georgia.

To hot. To humid. To many rednecks. Fancy southern ladies with stuck up attitudes. And religion? Don't get me started.

The south in general was just to strict. Closed off and close minded.

That's why I preferred Washington.

Overflowing greenery. Not many giant poisionous things that bite you. Hardly any plants that would make you itch outta control.

It was beautiful there. Overflowing with greenery and beauty. Vines covered everything, moss covered the forest floors and grew on the giant trees. Rain came nearly everyday if you were closer to the coast. It was never to hot, nor humid. The people were decent to be around to most of the time.

Unlike Georgia.

I looked out of the small window next to me, overlooking the whole city of Atlanta. It was bigger then I had remembered it being as a kid. Things change I guess.

I hadn't seen my dad since I was 17 years old. Him and my mom had a huge falling out and Dad up an moved back to Georgia. He was born and raised here, unlike Mom.

Mom was as Washington born as they get. A hippie, free spirited pot smoker who wanted to travel the country after graduating highschool in a hippie bus her friends made and painted up.

Of course. She met Dad in Atlanta at some bar.

A hippie and cowboy. Hard to imagine right.

Dad became a lawyer while Mom became a art teacher for high schoolers. Definitely not the match one would imagine right.

They split when Dad started having a drinking problem. They fought constantly. He even pushed her down once a d she hit her head on the tile flooring and was knocked out.

The terror on Dad's face was unforgetable as he screamed at me to grab the phone and call 911.

Mom lied for Dad, saying it was an accident. And Dad wouldn't stop crying. But the pain he put mom through hurt him so much that he only drank more. And Mom was scared it would happen again. And that it could happen to me.

So she divorced Dad. And Dad left.
A year later he met a new woman named Cindy and that got married. They now live in a giant home on a pond with a pool and her daughter Sophie-Jane.

Typical southern thing to give your child two first names.

Weird.

The turbulance kicked in as the plane was about to land.

I sat still through it. Turbulance didn't get to me like it did others for some reason.

Once the plane landed, I grabbed my carry on and waited until I was aloud to leave.

I alsocmentally prepared myself for the ungodly hot weather that was about to smack me in the face like a freight train.